05

"Keep your feet this width apart." He said adjusting your stance with his feet. "Focus on the target." He said moving your elbows up to the correct height. "Pull back here, and release when you feel ready." You let go as you breathed out. It nearly hit the centre. "Not bad." Clint said. "Your getting better." You smiled.

You put the bow down. You and Clint had spent the past two week since Tony's operation, being together a lot. He'd been training you, and just being a good friend. You'd got very close with him, and Nat too. But you felt more connected to Clint.

Tony had been in bed for a week after the operation. You'd spent every other night with him, and visited him a lot. But truthfully you couldnt get your mind off what Mia had said. And you were distancing yourself from him slightly as you tried to sort out your feelings.

"Want some Lunch? We could go out somewhere?" Clint nodded, a smirk playing on his lips.

"As long as your paying?" You rolled your eyes but nodded.

"Well, Tony's paying. I'll take one of his cards." Clint laughed patting your back. "Lets gets changed then we'll go." He nodded and you ran out the door, shouting 'race you' as you did. He laughed and followed suit. You skidded into your room, as he crashed into the back of you sending you both spiralling to the floor. You groaned, Clints weight crushing you.

"Off me Birdboy." You muttered. He rolled onto his back.

"Whatever polty." You rolled your eyes. After a drunk night earlier that week, Tony had come up with your superhero name. The poltergeist. As much as you'd hated it at the time, it was growing on you. You propped yourself up on your elbows. Clint had his eyes shut. He was smiling. "Enjoying the view?" You whacked him over the head as you stood up.

Your feelings for Clint had been confusing at first, but now you knew it was purely platonic. You walked to your wardrobe throwing Clint one of his T-shirts and some jeans. You struggled to sleep at nigh due to nightmares, and the night you weren't sleeping in Tony's room, Clint stayed with you.

At home back in Queens, Mia would comfort you. But she had to go back to school so she wasn't living at the tower. Clint caught his clothes and turned your stero on. 'Living on a prayer' by Bon Jovi came on. You giggled as Clint started doing solo serious dad dancing. You shook your head.

Shutting the door, you spun round, using the door to support you, kicking your legs up towards Clint. As the chorus started.

Oh, we're halfway there

You held out your hands to Clint saying your hips making him match your movements.

Oh, living on a prayer

You threw one hand up in the air, flicking your hair around your face.

Take my hand, we'll make it I swear

He spun you round. You took of your top as he tried and failed to dance again. You slipped off your shorts, putting on your jeans. You pushed him onto into the chair.

We've got to hold on, to what we've got.

You began dancing, you hips and legs working in sync. You hands flinging your hair over your shoulder.

Doesnt make a difference if we make it or not,
We've got each other, and that's a life for love.
We'll give it a shot!

Clint had changed, while you were doing your solo. He got back up to do the chorus with you.

Oh, were halfway there
Oh living on a prayer.