1.5

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

THEY DID IT. Rocket, Tony and Bruce (with Amber for support) had finally configured the stones onto a glove that resembled one of Iron-Man himself. Everyone gathered round a small contraption that held up the gauntlet, while Rocket and Tony made some finishing touches.

Amber stood back, secluded from the rest of her team- her arms crossed and black bags plastered under her eyes. She bit her lip in worry, what if it didn't work? What if she never saw her sister, or Bucky or Sam again? She'd lost so much already, she didn't think she could handle losing much more.

Rocket cleared his throat, "All right." he spoke up, making everyone look down at him, "The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?"

Thor raised his hand and stumbled forward, "I'll do it." The man volunteered, walking towards the team from his seat. "It's okay."

Everyone held out their arms, blocking Thor from getting past. Amber lurched forward, Everyone erupted into a chorus of: "No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey..."

Steve stopped the god, "Thor, just wait." he said firmly, trying to let the man down slowly, "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

Thor laughed in disbelief, "Oh, I'm sorry." he snapped, "What, were you just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

Amber stepped forward to face the group, "We should at least discuss it." She reasoned, her voice standing out among Thor's disgruntled noises.

"Look, us sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back." Thor scoffed, "I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty."

Tony huffed and shifted uncomfortably, "It's not that..." the man started, placing a loose hand on Thor's shoulder.

Thor shushed everyone, "It's... stop it! Just let me." the gods voice cracked, and Amber looked down at the floor as Thors thoughts drifted into her mind. "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something great."

"Look..." Amber began, glancing towards Tony "It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent-"

"I'm telling you you're in no condition." Tony finished bluntly, making Thor chuckle in disbelief.

Thor looked around at his fellow Avengers, "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" He boomed.