Chapter 23

Chapter 23 ━━ I Never Could Love Like That

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Next day, at Whitmore Medical Center, Jo is skimming a chart as she walks out of a patient's room, but is stopped by a man in a police uniform.

"Dr Loughlin?"

"Yes?" Jo asks confusedly.

"I'm Officer Baker. Is there somewhere private we can speak?" The officer asks.

"...Sure." Jo says and the two walk into an empty hospital room nearby and Jo looks at the officer in concern.

"What's this about?" 

"I'm here regarding Professor Saltzman. I understand you two are engaged to be married?" The officer asks.

"Is something wrong?" Jo questions, looking concerned.

Officer Baker reaches for his nightstick on his belt and takes it out as he hits a button on it that makes it light up, before setting it on a patient table. "Nope!"

Jo looks confused and watches as officer Baker starts to smile.

"Everything is just right."

Suddenly, 'Ladies Night' starts to play, and officer Baker rips open his shirt and starts to gyrate his hips, revealing that he's not a police officer, he's a stripper.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wow!" Jo looks alarmed. Baker strips down to his red speedo and continues to dance provocatively.

Bonnie, Elena and Lorna burst into the room and scream. "SURPRISE!"

"Oh! Oh, my God. No. I don't think so!" Jo watches them and starts to laugh. "No, no, no, this can't be happening."

Elena, Bonnie and Lorna start dancing around with the stripper, who looks very amused, while they throw confetti everywhere. 

They then sit Jo down on a chair and put a 'Bachelorette' tiara on her and throw strings of Mardi Gras beads around her neck. 

After a moment, Jo starts to get into it and dances in her seat while the stripper gives her a lap dance.

Elena yells. "Happy bachelorette!"

Bonnie and Lorna chime in. "Happy bachelorette!"

They have moved to the nearby diner, which is completely empty aside from them. They're laughing and chattering together, while they eat huge hamburgers and french fries.