Chapter 26

Hey guys! Thanks for keeping up with this story and keeping up with me trying to put out chapters as quick as I can. I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think :).

********

Fran refused to see her mother for the next few days.

She didn't want to stress herself and argue for no reason, so they'd been texting and calling Lucy instead of driving over to her house and ending up her tears. Tony fully supported her decision.

Now that Francesca and Tony had pretty much made up, she wanted to be on the phone with him every second of every day. He also wanted that, but his wife could come home sooner if he got rid of Sangue Verde quicker.

They ended up only really talking to one another before they went to sleep and they woke up. If she woke up an hour early so she could talk to her husband, Tony didn't have to know. The only person who knew smirked at her every morning as she got her coffee.

Nathan thoroughly enjoyed her scowling at him first thing in the morning.

Tony had also sent more men to her. He demanded she allow it because they were arriving tomorrow and Fran was nervous to have strange men inside the house.

"Could I ask," she brought it up to Nathan the morning of the men's arrival, "that the men don't come into the house?"

"Of course," Nathan answered, "but Maran and I will still come and go."

"I wouldn't expect anything else," she smiled. He nodded in agreement.

"Any plans, today?" He put his cup of coffee in the sink after rinsing it out. She shook her head while taking a sip. She went shopping the day before and was all set, despite the nerves fluttering around her stomach.

Fran just wanted to have a lazy day and a relaxing night. Her mother had other plans.

Cuddled in her warm comfy bed in her warm comfy pajamas she was about to call Tony when her phone rang. She didn't even look at it before answering with a smile.

"Hey," she answered.

"Francesca!" Lucy yelled, her voice as shrill as a fire alarm. Fran winced before her eyes shot open wide.

"What's wrong? Is something wrong?" Fran tried to untangle herself from her blankets as quietly and quickly as she could.

"I think I'm in labor, Francesca, and if you want this kid you need to come help me," Lucy snapped. Fran rolled her eyes, knowing she would get the child anyway, but she left her room and banged on Nathan's door.

Maran worked the night shift so she rushed to the kitchen and blurted that her mother was in labor. He snapped to attention, telling her to pack a bag for her and the baby quickly and Nathan and him will worry about getting her there.

Even though she had worked out and danced all her life Fran had never moved this quickly. She ran so fast into her room her legs almost slipped out from beneath her. Her hands shoved random clothes into her bag but she left her pajamas on to run to the makeshift nursery.

She didn't paint the walls or hang any shelves because she didn't want this to be permanent. She wanted to do that together with Tony in their new house together when it was okay to come home.

Fran took her time packing the baby's bag. Clothes, diapers, bottles, and more were carefully placed into two small duffle bags and her black and white baby bag before Nathan entered the room, fully dressed and ready to go.