Chapter 10

It was difficult to look Shownu in the eyes while explaining what all had happened between the accident and leaving the hospital. The emotions were so evident, easily distinguished as they washed over Shownu's features. It killed Changkyun to see them, but it was the disbelief and sadness that really upset him. He didn't like seeing either of them swirling within the pained expression on Shownu's face. He never wanted to upset the older male, but it seemed so inevitable at this point.

"I just. . .you're absolutely sure?"

Changkyun nodded, he himself having asked the same exact question numerous times since he left the hospital. He didn't want to believe what had been right in front of him.

"I can't believe it. Why would he do such a thing?"

Shaking his head, Changkyun closed his eyes as a sigh slowly slipped from between his slightly parted lips.

"I don't know, I didn't exactly stop to ask."

"And after he. . ."

"Don't say it, it just makes it worse."

Changkyun knew where Shownu was going with that sentence, and he didn't want to hear it finished. His heart had already taken quite the blow, numerous times in the past couple of days. He didn't know how much more he could actually take at this point. Any hopes of pursuing that relationship seemed shattered by the most recent events. The thought had brought fresh tears to his eyes, blurring his vision once more.

"Sorry."

Wiping away the building tears, Changkyun nodded at them given apology. Shownu hadn't meant any harm by it, he had only been stating facts on the matter. That didn't mean it didn't hurt any less.

"It's okay. You didn't mean any harm by it."

"Still, I shouldn't have. . ."

Something had caught Shownu's attention, pulling it from Changkyun to something outside. Changkyun followed his gaze towards the window, peering out it to try and see whatever had caught his attention. Curiosity rushed into his eyes as he turned back towards Shownu, flashing that curiosity fully onto him.

"Wha. . ."

"Shh, just be quiet a moment."

The seriousness laced around the whispered demand sent Changkyun on high alert. He moved to stand, wanting to investigate whatever had caught Shownu's attention, but the older male's hand upon his shoulder stopped him from doing so. Changkyun's eyes shot over towards Shownu, meeting his equally serious gaze with a silent question of, 'why'. His only response was a shake of Shownu's head as he pressed a finger to his lips, signalling for him to be quiet as if words hadn't been enough.

"You need to get out of here."

"But. . ."

The whispered order took Changkyun by complete surprise. The seriousness that each word held, reflected in Shownu's tense gaze. That very look silenced any words that wanted to roll off of Changkyun's tongue. Sending one more glance towards the window, Changkyun slowly nodded his head and stood up as quickly as his injuries would allow him to do.

"Hyung, please stay safe."

Changkyun walked over and wrapped his arms around Shownu, hugging him in what felt like the last time he would see the older male.

"Don't worry about me, you just worry about keeping yourself safe. . .and in one piece."

Shownu returned the hug, the very action comforting to Changkyun. A chuckle escaped from Changkyun, despite the lack of humor it held. Letting go of Shownu, Changkyun let out a heavy sigh and reached for the dial on his watch. Just as he did, both his and Shownu's attention was forced to the front door as it flew open. It crashed against the wall, the door knob embedding itself within the wall. Changkyun's eyes widened at the sudden wave of deja-vu. If the door wasn't enough, the flood of men in black suits was enough to bring forth an onslaught of deja-vu.