Chapter 2

Knock. . .knock. . .knock

The pounding on the door was like thunder exploding in Changkyun's ears. His eyes were locked on the door, a sudden fear freezing him in place despite his mind telling him. . .no, screaming at him to move. His body was refusing to listen, that was, until the door handle was rattled.

Changkyun's brain kicked into overdrive as he jumped out of his seat and darted towards the farthest location in the apartment. He had no idea where he was going, especially since there weren't too many rooms within the apartment itself. Most, if not all the windows were on the front side of the building. There was a small window on the side of the building located in the bathroom, worst case scenario he could always try and squeeze through it.

With that seeming to be the only option he had, Changkyun made a b-line straight for the bathroom.

Just as he disappeared into the bathroom, the front door crashed open. Changkyun quickly closed the bathroom door, his back pressed against it as he tried to calm his racing heart. It felt like it was going to race right through his chest and fall right onto the floor in front of him. What a sight that would have been. His hands shook like crazy. He wished that they would stop so he could grasp things properly. He was afraid if he even tried to reach for the lock his hands would rattle the shutters and give away what he was doing.

"We know you're here, come out and no one will get hurt."

Changkyun froze, they knew he was there? Though, the real question was, who was this guy and what did they want with him?

Wait, this was Wonho's place. Could they be here for him?

"The watch, we need to get it and stop this tom foolery before someone else decides they can use it."

"He can't go anywhere, he's cornered in there."

Nope, they were there for him, and the watch which Wonho had. Not to mention there were two of them now by the sounds of things. Changkyun hoped his friend would stay away long enough for him to draw these people away. He felt really stupid, they must have learned about the watch earlier that day when he and Wonho were in the alley. Quite a number of people had passed by, and though they had their phones, they could have been listening as they walked by.

This was a big problem for sure.

The sound of shuffling feet had caught his attention, bringing his rushing thoughts to a crashing halt. He glanced over his shoulder towards the door completely lost in his thoughts, he almost forgot about the strangers that were outside coming for him.

Quickly, Changkyun's gaze snapped towards the small window that sat over the toilet. His feet carried him across the small bathroom and up onto the toilet as if it were a set of stairs. His shaking hands fumbled with the locking mechanism, attempting to unlock it to get the window open.

The sound of the mechanism clicking open was like music to his ears. He pushed open the window, a gust of wind blew across his fact as he leaned out to inspect with what he had to work with. He paled, seeing how high up he was. The ground below him looked so far away, the people nothing but the size of ants. He had one small stone ledge that moved around the entire building, he would have to get across it to save himself. One wrong step and it could send him toppling straight down to his death. The thought made his stomach sick and the color to drain from his face. It was his only way out though, his only way not to get caught.

Wonho was going to ream him when he got back for sure.

The turning of the door handle startled him. Changkyun shot a quick glance towards the door just as it flew open. It crashed against the wall, more than likely creating a hole in the wall as it did.