Chapter 6

Morning came far too swiftly, especially when you hardly slept the prior night. Sunlight slipped from between the curtains, lighting small slivers of the room it crept into. Rushed footsteps from outside the bedroom door had aroused Shownu from his restless sleep. It took his mind a minute to fully wake up and process what was actually happening. Someone was rustling around in his house, and rather quickly as well, doors opening and closing. It was too early for this.

It was at that moment, the previous nights conversation came rushing back to him like a runaway freight train.

"Shit. . ."

Shownu grumbled, hoping Wonho wasn't testing his home apart because Changkyun wasn't there. He quickly got out of bed, his blankets wrapping around his ankle, tripping him up and nearly causing him to fall flat on his face. Once steadied, Shownu left his room and followed the noise coming from somewhere within his home. He found a frustrated and panicked Wonho, grumbling to himself and moving from room to room as if he was on some sort of mission to search every corner of the house, even in places it made no sense to check.

Watching Wonho move from the kitchen and back towards the living room, it wasn't till the younger man was heading to the door did he stop, realizing Shownu was standing in the hallway watching him.

"He's gone. . ."

The panicked sound in Wonho's voice broke the silence between the two men. A tired sigh slipped from Shownu's lips, not wanting to deal with this this early in the morning.

"I know."

"You know?"

The revelation that Shownu knew had Wonho stunned, his eyes on the older man. It was only then Shownu had noticed the tears glistening within his friends panicked brown eyes.

"Yeah, he left last night after he assumed we were both asleep. I just happened to catch him on his way out."

Wonho's eye widened even more in disbelief, the tears popping out of his eyes and leaving a wet trail down his friend's cheeks.

"Wh. . .why didn't you stop him!?"

"I did! But he had his mind set. What was I supposed to do, tie him to the chair!?"

It was quite a surprise when Shownu raised his voice. Usually the man was a gentle, quiet teddy bear. Even so, the shock didn't seem to stop the sudden argument between the two friends.

"Yes!"

"You know full well that wouldn't have stopped him."

Shownu's voice dropped, though gentle it was obvious he wasn't amused by the answer Wonho gave. He understood he was panicked, worried...probably furious, but that didn't mean he had to jump to thoughts of tying Changkyun up to keep him there. Shownu's face was void of emotion, aside from tired, as Wonho continued.

"Yes. . ."

"It's also illegal to hold someone hostage."

"So. . ."

Groaning, Shownu walked further into the living room towards Wonho. He noted how his friend side stepped a bit closer to the door as he moved closer.

"What would be the point then? I'm worried about him too, but there was nothing I could do to stop him."

"It would have been something, even if temporary. He's going to get himself hurt out there. . .or worse."

The thought of something happening to Changkyun had Wonho's stomach knotting in fear. More tears escaped his eyes as he looked towards Shownu, the fear rushing down his spine praying that nothing had already happened to Changkyun.