Chapter 17

Dedicating this chapter to Danang3, I really apprecaite all the support you have given :)

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 17

They say that history repeats itself and Oceana was almost ready to believe the saying to be true. Here she was again, in Miss Patterson’s home, helping with arrangements for a big and important event. The only true difference was this was to be Beth’s wedding as opposed to her engagement. Oceana was determined not to let the mistakes of the past repeat themselves and was certain this visit to London would go smoothly and without any mishaps.

“Just how big is the wedding going to be?” Oceana asked Beth as she helped her with the fitting of Beth’s wedding dress. “It seems to me we put in a lot more work for you engagement then for your wedding.”

“I’m not in the mood for something big, and neither is Robert. All we will have is family and close friends.”

“But doesn’t Dr. Blackwood have a very large family?”

“Yes, but they aren’t all able to come. Thank goodness for that.”

“I don’t think this is the right way to treat your future in-laws!”

“Oh, I don’t mean it in any bad way, but really, if they were all to come down here I don’t know where we would house them all. From my side there are just a few friends and I believe Miss Patterson has invited Miss Morgan to attend.”

“Oh no, Miss Morgan might be there?”

“Is there something wrong with that?”

“Only that I have not seen her since I ran away from the orphanage and it might be a little awkward for the two of us, considering our history.”

“Too bad for you.” Beth shrugged her shoulders indifferently.

“And what of the rest of Dr. Blackwood’s family, don’t they want to meet the wife of their dear little Robert?”

“Of course they do, they are planning a big celebration in Edinburgh. It seems they have been trying to get Robert to marry for a long time already. I don't know if they are all happy with his choice, but I they are satisfied that he is settling down at last.”

“Where are you planning on living? Here in London?”

“I’m afraid not. Robert doesn’t care to live in London and I can hardly blame him. We will take up lodgings in Edinburgh; Robert has a good job at the hospital and not one he wants to lose.”

“Not even for a better paying job in London? I know Miss Patterson could help him find a very good position here.”

“Robert is too Scottish I’m afraid,” Beth giggled.

“Too Scottish to live in England but not Scottish enough to have an English wife?”

“Oh please,” Beth laughed and then sighed. “Oceana you always make everything sound so complicated. And anyway, I wouldn’t mind getting away from London, I’ve lived here all my life and I want to live somewhere else for a change.”

“How did Miss Patterson react to you living so far away?”

“Better than I anticipated. You know, she really has warmed up to Robert, but I suppose that has to do with the fact that after some research she discovered that he is distantly related to a certain Lord MacNorris, who was some sort of Scottish aristocracy or something. She said it was a distant connection, but a connection none the less.”