Village Delicacies

A/N: I keep forgetting to mention this… for those of you who have read Crimson Thread… or are reading it right now… or, perhaps, are planning on reading it, I really hope you guys vote for it in the Naruto Watty Awards! Just go to NarutoWattyAwards’s account (she’s the third last person I fanned) and vote! Although, voting opens on the fifth of November, I think… so please vote! It will really mean the world to me! :”>

I'm gonna give you guys that info-dump about Setsuko's race in the next chapter. Since it's Rin and her mission seems to make the info-dump seem more fitting. :)

Village Delicacies

It was already nightfall by the Kakashi and Setsuko had covered half of the entire village. Kakashi was quite quick on his feet while he toured Setsuko, even keeping up his usual cool persona as he kept his strides even. Setsuko marveled at how effortless Kakashi looked when it came to walking in measured steps. She didn’t know whether or not he was doing it on purpose, but it was amazing either way.

“You’ll be staying with Minato-sensei… just remember that he won’t hurt you. He’s a good man,” Kakashi stated, his face as composed as ever. Although Setsuko hardly showed it, her feet were dead tired and her legs felt like jelly—as if they would melt right on the spot. She didn’t want to complain about it though; it wouldn’t be courteous if she did.

They stood right in front of the Namikaze residence, where the two had originally come from before the little tour.

“Minato-sensei isn’t there yet… but Kushina-san most probably finished making supper. Eat a lot and rest well.”

Setsuko lowered her head, timidly chewing on her lip. “Uh… th-thank you, Ha-Hatake-san.” He definitely noticed she was tired.

Kakashi had half a mind to pat the girl’s head, but he figure he would save it for another time, when she Setsuko would open up to them. Perhaps even get over a number of her fears—he’d discovered quite a few of them in just a few hours.

“I-I have a question, Hatake…san.”

“Hm… what is it?”

“Um… I was wondering… if…” all of a sudden, Setsuko trailed off, gradually turning much more diffident than she already was. All the while, her face was a color of bright crimson—seeing as she no longer had any intentions of asking Kakashi her question, more so because she didn’t know how to put it into proper words. Despite her question being very crucial, Setsuko figured that she’ll be able to ask it another time. After all, it may be dangerous to pose such a question at the first day of her stay in Konoha. What if she was to come back to her home—if that was even possible now—and the vital information that Kakashi would most likely earn from her obvious question would be revealed to the entire village?

It would be bad for her family; there was no mistaking the amount of pain the situation may establish.

“Ah… ne-never mind.  Good… goodnight, Hatake-san!” She  exclaimed and before the young Chuunin knew it, Setsuko rushed into Minato and Kushina’s house.

Slightly puzzled, Kakashi stared at the closed door and finally, with a shrug, departed for his own home.

“Ah, Setsuko-chan! You’re finally back. How was the tour?” Kushina asked vibrantly, setting the last bowl on the dinner table. It sure was strange, having a child in a house which she only shared with her husband, but Kushina could tell that they would enjoy it more than imaginable. They all truly liked Setsuko. Her habits when scared may have been a little unnerving and may cause a lot of concern in their part, but they seemed to find Setsuko charming—despite having met her for only less than a day.