A Fine Child

A/N: Wait, I change my mind… there might be different books for each generation, but I’m still thinking whether or not I should do it. Oh well, there’s a lot of time for that.

Oh yeah… disclaimer… 

~ I do not own Naruto, all rights relating to characters and original plot belong to the almighty Masashi Kishimoto. I only own Setsuko, her family and some random rogue ninjas and children her and there and I also own the plot. I will not take credit for the original information regarding the yōkai but I do take credit for a few extras I made just for the story. ~

A Fine Child

I.

“Obito! Stay way! She’s about to wake up!”

“A-Ah… s-sorry Rin!”

“There she goes…”

Setsuko’s black eyebrows furrowed in concentration before her eyes started to flutter repeatedly. Consciousness was a little far away, but the young girl tried her best to push herself towards it harder and harder.

 She didn’t like the voices she was hearing; she needed to get away fast.

 ‘I have to… before they find out!’

 Finally, she was able to fully open her eyes, immediately catching the full attention of four people.

Three children crowded around her and Setsuko could tell that they were older. The girl had short brown hair, a hitai-ate around her forehead (as did the two other children) and a purple bandage on each side of her cheek. One of the boys had orange goggles over his black eyes; another identifiable aspect of him was the spiky black hair. Next to him was a silver-haired boy; his hair defied gravity and even Setsuko, who couldn’t think of anything else but the word “run”, found this equally strange as the black mask that covered the lower half of his face. Behind all of the three children was a very kind-looking man. His blue eyes were filled with curiosity, amusement and, well, happiness and his spiky blonde hair also said something about his personality.

Immediately, the girl with the brown hair gasped, her large brown eyes seeming to sparkle in amazement.

“She’s so pretty and cute!” She exclaimed, tightly clasping her hands together. It was true that it was her first time seeing a girl with scary white skin, medium-length black hair, a really white kimono and dark yet shiny blue eyes. Setsuko did have a strange appearance.

Although it certainly was the first time Setsuko was called “pretty” by someone totally unrelated to her.

As Obito, Rin and Kakashi discussed over the nervous and frightened Setsuko, Namikaze Minato smiled brightly, turning his eyes away from the orange couch.

 “Kushina! She’s awake!”

A gasp was heard from the kitchen right before the sound of rushing water abruptly stopped. In came Uzumaki Kushina in her green dress and orange apron.

 “She is?” Upon seeing the eyes of Setsuko on her, Kushina gasped and rushed over to the children, stopping right next to Minato. “She is! Finally! We’ve been waiting for so long y’know? We were worried,” she cried out all in one breath.

Kakashi turned his eyes away from Kushina, and then back to Setsuko, who seemed to watch them all with wide and surprised eyes. He could see her lip trembling as well as her fingers. Although he understood why she could feel scared, he didn’t understand why she seemed so… tormented maybe?