First Mission Part 2

Sting's P.O.V.

Rogue and I are sitting on one of the benches at the train station, waiting for the girls to come. We had arrived about 30 minutes early, so I knew that the two would show up at any time. Rogue was quietly feeding Frosch cookies, smiling to himself as the exceed ate them. Lector sat in my lap, and I absentmindedly stroked his head while he talked.

"I did a good job distracting the ladies didn't I Sting? Now we get to go on a mission!" I smiled down at him.

"You're the best, Lector." He glowed from my praise. To be honest, I was pretty excited for this mission. I definitely approved of Lucy's choice, as I loved a good fight. I had a feeling she chose it because the dark guild was previously affiliated with Tartaros, but I wasn't going to pressure her on the issue. If this is what she needed to help put past what had happened to her, I wasn't going to stand in the way. I was just grateful to be away from any form of paperwork.  

I was also curious to see how Lucy handled herself in a fight. I found celestial spirit magic confusing and interesting at the same time, and while I did have some knowledge on celestial spirit magic, thanks to Yukino, it wasn't much. After all, Yukino only had two of the zodiac keys, not including the 13th key, while Lucy had the other ten. I wondered if there were multiple ways to use the magic. 

Whatever the case may be, I was certain that this mission would prove to be an interesting one.

/------------------/-----------------/------------------/------------------/-----------------/

Lucy's P.O.V.

"We're here!" I announced once I had spotted the dragon slayers waiting on the bench. They turned there gazes up to us as we approached. The exceeds jumped out of their partner's laps and stretched as Sting and Rogue stood up. 

"I'll go get our train tickets," Yukino said and headed off to the booth. Rogue quickly followed, leaving Sting and I to await their return. As we waited, Sting turned to face me.

"So, excited for your first mission?" He asked.

"I'm really nervous, but I guess I'm happy to go on a mission again." I responded. "However, you look way more excited for this than I am."

It was rather true. Sting had a happy, enthusiastic attitude ever since he asked to join the job. Not that I minded. I was really glad that I wasn't doing my first mission alone.

"Well, you see, I'm not able to go on many missions anymore because of the whole master thing," Sting said nervously, looking slightly embarrassed.  

"That doesn't sound fun," I sympathized with the dragon slayer. I was silent for a moment before I continued, "Can I tell you a secret?" He nodded. "I'm a little worried about the mission. I feel like I'll mess up or something will go wrong." I admitted, looking down. Before Sting could reply, I felt a light weight on my head, and before I could figure out what it was, it started to talk to me.

"Don't worry Lucy! The mission will go great! Don't doubt yourself either. You may not be as strong as Sting here, but I think you're still pretty powerful!" I smiled at Lector's attempt to make me feel better. I reached up to pet him, which was rather difficult from his position on my head, but I managed to do it. I heard footsteps approaching and turned my head.

"We're back! Let's get going!" Yukino exclaimed. Sting led the way to the train and I followed close behind. We got onto the train and found four open seats. I ended up sitting next to Sting. Across from Sting was Rogue and next to him was Yukino. Frosch sat in Yukino's lap and Lector in mine. I was quite surprised that Sting and Rogue got on the train without complaint, considering that they had motion sickness.