Chapter 17

C-4's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She looked so much more peaceful while asleep, so much more beautiful. The feelings I might of had with Grace has disappeared after my time with her. Her breathing steady as she stays completely still. Not quite human, but human enough.
A shadow comes out in the sunset as I glance up.
"What now..." I mumble.
The figure wanders forward, taking its time. I decide to stay quiet so to not wake up E-4.
He finally walks up to where I'm sitting.
He has the same white hair and brown eyes that I see in the mirror, and in A-4 B-4 D-4 and E-4, but the hair is tipped slightly with brown, as if the white is leaking into it.
His hair is neater than mine, though quite similar in length and a short left-sided fringe covers part of his forehead.
"Hi..?" I say and stand up.
"Hi." He says quietly and his eyes avert to E-4 almost instantly. He takes a step towards her and I see the slightly old stitch lines across his face.
They looked as if they continued down his neck.
He had major surgery.
He continued to look at E-4 quietly.
"...who are you?" I ask cautiously.
"Me?" He chuckles slightly. "I'm not important."
I look at him questionably.
"Why are you here?" I ask a bit firmer, wishing for answers.
"For her..." He sighs. "She won't know me by sight would she?" He says to himself.
"For her?" I look at her thinking about how I thought she'd be mine.
"Yes, for her. She needs me."
A surge of anger suddenly rises up.
"She needs you? I think I'm quite fine thanks!"
"You who were with her five minutes!" He turns with a similar anger. "I helped her through many situations! I was the one to guide her! I've been with her all her life!" He exclaims.
I go quiet and look at him as something dawns on me.
"You're Brian aren't you?"
"Yes. They fixed me as I am now, and I deserve her. They've given me the task of viewing her habits in freedom. They don't call me Brian anymore."
He smiles softly.
"They call me F-4."