Chapter 12

My feet start to throb as we run, somehow I missed how large this place is. Halls and halls we run through, and it's as if reaching our destination is impossible.

My hair whips in my face as I continue the soft rhythm of my own footsteps on the ground.

Soon enough we finally reach a small elevator shaft. As if done a million times, A-4 says:

"Can you try, E-4?"

B-4 smirks. It seems he is the only one who has succeeded. This must simply be for personality and enhanced d.n.a reasons.

Simple right?

I step forward and open the panel. Cut wires hang loose and a smile spreads across my face.

"B-4, hand me the panel."

His smirk bends down as he hands it over.

"How did you..?"

"Don't ask."

I attach the panel and input a commonly known code across D.E.W.

T5antbaoantwao.

I only just got that. 'The 5 are never to be as one and never to work as one.'

"Stupid ain't it. Course we can work as one and stuff." Sighs D-4.

A beep sounds as I murmur my agreement. The elevator makes its decent.

Never be as one. What is that supposed to mean? Like the feeling I had before? This makes no sense...

"When we reach the top, there is no doubt a lot more security than down here. If you can't fight stay behind D-4 and I (that's you B-4...) we will have to kill C-4 don't be weak minded this time and E-4, show us what you can do" says A-4 as if addressing an army.

We all nod at the same time and C-4 bursts into laughter from it. Twit.

The doors creak open finally and we all step in.

A-4

D-4

C-4

B-4

And I.

C-4 looks at me and grabs my hand.

"W-what?" I ask.

"I don't like elevators.." He looks away.

I stay silent a while.

"...me neither." And I give him a small smile and wait.

"You're going to have to let go of my hand soon though."

"I know" He grins.

I smile and turn to the doors of the elevator.

Here we go.