Chapter 7

I had finished my classes for today and was heading for Mr.Jackson's class where I would be assisting him. I was feeling rather nervous, afraid of maybe embarrassing him.. or myself. Or for mainly making a mistake, as I knew I was very good at.

As closer as I reached the classroom, my heart beat faster and faster. I wasn't only nervous for the class, I was also nervous about seeing Mr.Jackson. I hadn't had any class with him the entire day, only seen glimpse of him in the hallway. 

I opened the door, knowing that I was 10 minutes early. I felt it much more calming being here before the students than coming in with them, as if I was one of them.

Once I got into the room, I noticed Mr.Jackson sitting by his desk, reading some papers. 

"Sorry, I can come back" I apologized. He looked up, smiling his ever so sweet smile.
"Come in. I'm just preparing for the class, so I'm glad you came now. You can take a seat with me"

I swallowed, but calmly found myself a chair and placed it beside him at the desk and took a seat.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Nervous" I said, fiddling my fingers.

"Don't be. You know everything you should, and I will be teaching. You just have to sit here, and if I ask you to help, then you can help"
"No major tasks?"

He chuckles and looks at me. "Bianca. You're not going to have to take over the class. You're just going to use your knowledge to help me, but most important to help the other students"

I sigh. "I know. I'm just afraid because I've never taught anyone else"

"You've had everything they are being taught, so if you try to relax it's easier not to be so nervous"

"Are you ever nervous?"  Why would I even ask that? I knew what I meant by it, but once it came out of my mouth it sounded so wrong. 

"Sometimes. But then I find something that will ease my mind and suddenly it's not so scary anymore"
"And what's that?" 

His lips slightly parted, like he was going to answer me. For some reason, i pictured the things we had just said, to mean something very different. Even though they seemed so innocent at first.

We are suddenly interrupted by some students walking in. The once so quiet room was suddenly filled with students. I felt my heart in my throat at one second. I took a deep breath and collected myself. 

I put the chair back to one of the desks. "Bianca?" His familiar voice said. I turned around. 

"Yes?"

"You can take a seat there" He said, pointing at a chair in the back.

I thought I could feel his eyes on me, for most part of the lecture. I couldn't understand If he was looking at me, or just my mind wanting him to. But it calmed me down, after a while that is. Seeing him up there, teaching the students was mesmerizing. It was something different than when I was one of his students. He was so confident, yet humble. 

The last 30 minutes the students were doing some assignments. Mr.Jackson would, now and then, motion me to walk over to the students when they had questions. At first I was very shy. But after a while, it became easier. I started to feel more confident.

As the time slowly passed, the class was almost over. After helping out one last student, the bell rang. 

"Remember to do the assignments on page 58 before next class" He said to them all as they collected their things to leave the classroom. I walk up to Mr.Jackson as the classroom became more and more empty.

He was collecting some papers and books on his desks, looking up when he notices I was here. He smile. "How did you think it went?"

"Is that a question indicating that I did terrible?" I joke.

"No, absolutely not. You were amazing" He quickly say, reassuringly.

For some reason, him saying I was amazing, even if he didn't mean it in the way I wanted, felt great. I smile, feeling my cheek flush. I turn my head a little, hoping he didn't notice.

"Thank you Mr. Jackson" reply.

A/N

Sorry for a boring chapter ! And so sorry for not continuing. xo