OLS - IX

The family had a nice time in Croatia with Pierce and Nicky knowing each other more, getting closer more and she definitely became a daddy's girl. Nicky and Pierce became almost inseparable but Meryl can't complain.

After the shoot of Mamma Mia 2, they agreed that Pierce will move with Nicky and Meryl but Pierce insisted that they should buy a new house. Meryl doesn't like the idea because she thinks that it is just a waste of money but Pierce convinced her that they should have their own house that will feel like home instead of just staying in a huge apartment. In the end, Pierce won the argument but Meryl said that she needs to talk to her older children first and Pierce agreed with her idea.

Meryl is currently at her apartment in New York, waiting for Mamie, Grace, ad Louisa. She called all of them but unfortunately, Henry can't make it. Pierce is in London, packing his things that he will move to his new home in New York and he is missing Nicky and Meryl so much.

"Mommy, is daddy home?"Nicky asked for the nth time and Meryl sighed.

"Not yet baby, daddy will be here tomorrow night."Meryl answered and Nicky just nodded. Meryl suddenly heard a knock on the door and her heart started pounding, it felt like it is coming out of her chest. She walked to the door, opened it, and it revealed her older girls. She greeted them one-by-one and they headed to the kitchen where Meryl prepared snacks for them.

"So, how's Croatia?"Grace asked, starting a conversation.

"It was good, great actually."Meryl answered and smiled.

"What are you gonna tell us mom?Why'd you call?"Mamie asked and Meryl heaved a deep sigh.

"I decided that we are moving to a house,"Meryl started and the girls had a confused look on their faces.

"Mom, what's wrong with the apartment?It is enough for you and Nicky and us."Louisa uttered and Meryl looked at her.

"But we wanted to stay in a more 'homey' place."Meryl retorted.

"Mom, we?You and Nicky?"Grace asked and Meryl shook his head.

"No. Me a--"

"Don't tell us that you are back with Pierce or are you?"Mamie intervened before Meryl can finish her statement.

"Yes, me and Pierce."Meryl said and Mamie did a facepalm.

"Mom, what are you thinking?He already broke your heart with his ex-wife and you are back together?"Mamie asked in disbelief.

"He didn't even find a way to contact you when you left. You raised Nicky alone for nine freaking years, mom."Grace added and Meryl put his hands on her cheeks.

"I love him, okay?He explained everything to me. He was drugged and he didn't bother to find us because he was scared."Meryl defended and Mamie scoffed.

"You are insane mom. He was scared?How about the days you are scared to death because you aren't sure if Nicky will make it safely?How about the time when you went through labor alone?The time that you gave birth to Nicky at the age of forty-nine and you are scared of yours and Nicky's life. Mom, have you thought of that before you decided to be with him again?"Mamie asked and Meryl looked at her in disbelief. She never thought that Mamie will turn into this just because of Pierce.

"I know about those times but Mamie, I hid. I did everything to cut my connectiom with him. It was my choice to become invisible to him for the past nine years."Meryl answered.

"But still he broke his promise. How sure are you that the thing that happened years ago won't happen again?You've been with him for only a month the last time, mom."Grace uttered and Meryl looked down.