34

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
i guess some kids are just born with tragedy in their blood

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓i guess some kids are just born with tragedy in their blood

ELENA and Echo made there way to Damon and Rose. Damon was looking at the wolf bite Rose had. It was so disgusting looking.

"Definitely better. Right, Echo, Elena?"

The two nodded simultaneously. "Yes, much better," Echo lied. In fact it was much worse. Much, much worse.

"Uh, it's not bad," Elena said when Rose looked at her.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked, looking up at the twins.

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but Echo thinks it's going to upset Elijah."

"No, can do. Sorry Echo, I'm with Stefan on this one. But if you two could play nurse for a little while..."

Echo looked at Rose. She really didn't want to babysit a sick vampire, she had other things on her plate, but one look at Damon's face made her cave in. But, before she could say anything, Rose said, "It's not necessary

"It is necessary," Damon stared a little roughly. "Elena and Echo are do-gooders. It's in their nature, they can't resist."

Damon left the room, and Echo ran after him, grabbing his hand, making him face her. "She's dying, isn't she?"

"Probably." He nodded, sighing. "The wolf bite caused some kind of infection and it's getting worse." He saw her face and said, "Death happens. We come, we go. Sooner she dies the better. It's gloomy as hell in here."

Echo scoffed at his words and watched as he left the house.

"I hate this. I'm a vampire, I've haven't had a cold in five centuries," Rose was telling Echo as she was tucking her in bed.

Rose laid her head on Damon's pillow, and Echo sat on the bed, and crossed her legs to talk to Rose. "We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn in illness," Rose continued.

"Hey, you're not gonna die. You hear me?" Echo said and Rose looked at her. "I won't let you."

"What happened to you hating me?"

Echo sighed and looked away from her. "I didn't hate you. I was... angry. A lot has been on my mind, and getting kidnapped didn't help any." She then looked Rose in the eyes. "And... I put myself in your shoes. It must've been awful running for 500 years, not being able to live your life even though you have eternity. It must've been exhausting."