Chapter 1: Do I have to?

Hi, my name is Chris, i'm 13 years old. My family just got back from a brutal vacation. (just like the rest of them.) They always are, I mean whenever my parents say we are going on a vacation, I don't want to go! So, I got to stay back this year. Find out what happens....

"MOM!!!!!!!" I screamed. "What honey?" She replied. "When you guys are gone, can I have a party?" She looked at me as if I was mental. "Of course not!!" she screamed. "Why? All of my friend's parents would let them?!" "Then let one of your friends throw a party, but not at our house!!" I feel so stupid for asking that question. An hour later when my parents were getting ready to leave my mom said something that even she regrets saying. "Honey, I have arranged a playdate for you and our neighbor today, okay?" That almost made me want to go to the family vacation. "Mom, first of all, our neighbor is 7. Second of all i'm almost 14, shouldn't I be hanging around kids my age? I don't even think I know his name!" "His name is Mark, and is a really Nice young boy." She told me. "Okay, we're leaving, bye son, have a good time!" "But" before I could finish my sentence she slammed the door shut.

About an hour later I was on the couch watching tv, and eating Doritos, and my doorbell rang. "Hi, my name is Mark." he told me. "You must be my neighbor coming to play with me." I tried to sound enthusiastic. "Yeah" he said. "and I brought toys too!"  Then we went into the living room.

"What's this?" Mark seemed really curious about it. "Uhh, it's a T.V." I replied in confusion. "We don't have one at our house." he told me. So for the rest of the time he just sat on the floor watching Discovery channel. "Now that wasn't so bad now, was it?" I thought in my head.

A couple hours passed when he left and I got to do my own thing. I took a shower, then took a nice nap for a couple of hours.

You won't believe what happened when I woke up.