chapter 4: part one

I lay in my bed, not wanting to get up. A week has passed since I've been home. Papa has managed to spend quite a lot of with me, but his job requires a lot of time, which I understand. I spent the week mostly trying to adjust to the country. Going over etiquettes and what will be required of me as the only lady of the household. It was pretty easy. I had already been taught everything whilst at school but since this is a different country, there were a few things I had to learn. I haven't actually been named heir to the dukedom yet. In fact, I may never. My teacher has gone over it with me already. It was my choice, it depended on whom I would choose to marry. I haven't thought much about it since there is so rush but for now, I'll continue to train to eventually take over from papa but marrying to another family will most likely happen.

Since I've never appeared in high society or has been seen as the Dukes daughter, I will be attending as a debutante to the upcoming ball. I will be turning seventeen in the upcoming winter, so I am still at the age most girls debut at. I'm quite nervous. I've only been in this country for a week and tomorrow I will be attending the ball at the royal castle. I say I'm nervous which is the truth but I'm also very excited. I've never seen a royal castle, I've only ever read about them in fairy tales. I haven't had the chance to make any friends yet either, papa told me I couldn't meet anyone until the ball. Gosh, the schemes he likes to pull. He's no worse than a girl my age.

I yawn as I finally sit up, stretching my arms above my head. The bed is so soft and comfy, it makes it hard to get up in the mornings. I walk over and sit down in front of my mirror. At this point, the head maid, whose name is Elise who, as you know isn't very friendly, enters my room. she takes the brush from my hands and continues to brush my hair for me.

"I've never been to a ball before, I'm actually really nervous." I let out a nervous laugh as I entwined my hands. A smile spread across her face and she looked as though she wanted to laugh. I pouted as she continued to snicker at me being nervous. It was actually the first time I've ever seen her smile.

"I beg your pardon, but it's just....." she bends down and gives me a cheeky smile through the mirror. "your quiet the puppy young miss." I turn to look at her with Red cheeks and a pouted lip.

"I am not!" I turn my head back around and fold my arms.

"tsk tsk, if you're going to that ball tomorrow you better start acting like a young lady, not a three-year old." She puts down the brush and pulls two strands of hair from the front of my face to the back and ties it with a white ribbon. Once she finished, I stood up as the other maids came in with a dress.it was a flowy but puffy pink dress, made of silk and tulle that frilled at the ends. Once they dressed me, they finished the look with a white ribbon that went around my waist and was tied in bow. I twirl around after they finish dressing me. I giggle with excitement, I've always been a girly girl but never had the chance the actually be one.

"ah young miss, I almost forgot..." Elise shuffles through her pockets until she pulls out a note. "your dress for the ball has been made. Your day will start early tomorrow, you must be looking your finest for your debut. this will be your first appearance in high society, so you must bring honour to your family name. trust me, your beauty will be too great, painters wouldn't dare to try and capture it." Elise has really surprised me today, not only has smiled at me but now she's showing enthusiasm! I wouldn't be surprised if she was bipolar...

It was already nightfall. The flowers glistened under the moonlight and the peaceful sound of the water fountain filled my ears. The cold breeze lifted the hair off my shoulders. I held my knees to my chest as I watched the tulips sway in the wind. Winter was coming. There's that certain feeling before winter. Where the sun is warm, but the breeze is cold. The days would grow shorter and the nights would grow longer. My life has changed so much already in this past week, it makes me wonder what the future holds. My life as Anastasia De Morée is about to begin, tomorrow I'll no longer be the girl no one knew about, but the daughter of a duke.

oh man i'm so sorry guys  > o < 

I've been so busy with school and work I've had no time to right eek. so I hope you enjoy this really short chapter. I thought I might just post this much since I haven't updated in ages but I've already started on chapter 4: part two! and the holidays are coming round so I'll have lots more time to write! 

also the picture at the start was the dress Anna was wearing :)