Chapter 5: part two

"Anastasia!" his voice rings in my head. It's too late. She's dead. There's a dead person. I clutch my wound as a group of knight's rushes to where we are. Hy head begins to spin and my vison tunnels. A firm hand grasps my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. I rub my eyes to stop the tears but it doesn't work, I'm panting and I'm upset. I gather my skirt and try to stand up, letting go of the bloody body that's stained my hands, forgetting that I myself have been stabbed, only to crumble back onto the floor.

"Anastasia!" he says again, I look up to meet his gaze. He shakes me and speaks words I cannot understand. My mind is a mess, I can't even think. What am I thinking, what is he saying? All I understand is my name 'Anastasia! Anastasia!' that's all I hear.

"your-your high..ness...?"

Earlier that night:

Looking at his attire I realise who this man is rather quickly. The crown prince, his highness Izana Wistaria. The music starts and we glide naturally around the ballroom. If the staring was bad before, it's only gotten worse. At least before they were stares of intrigue but now it's jealousy. I look over to see my father watching happily raising a glass when I made eye contact with him. Some would say this was their dream, to glide across a dance floor with their prince charming. Perhaps I dreamt of that too, but it's not so magical right now. Throughout the whole dance we haven't spoken a word. Not to mention the bitter limelight spoiling my mood.

'there's quite a gaze upon you' he breaks the silence, looking about the room.

'is that so, your highness' an awkward tension grows between us, not knowing what to say. 'the weather today... was quiet... pleasant, no?'

'ah yes, I suppose' he looks down, and a smirk spreads across his face.

'you are quite a deal prettier than how the rumors described you'

'thank you, your highness' I reply bluntly. I no longer wish for this conversation to continue. 

'you are quite boring' this... this man? for a prince, sure he can say whatever he wishes but is that not rather rude of him.

'perhaps I am not interested in talking with you.... Your highness' he scoffs at my remark.

'nor are you polite' he states

'nor are you.' The music finally finishes. I sigh with relief and give him one last smile.

'thank you for this most wonderful dance, your highness' sarcasm rings throughs my voice. I curtsy and turn to leave. Behind me, I hear a faint chuckle from his highness, ignoring it, I continue to walk.

'boring? Perhaps I should take my words back.'

Turning around, Izana heads back to Haki who was waiting for him and I rush the safety of the terrace, pulling the curtains shut so no one disturbs me.  

well well, look who has finally published something .  ha aha ha ha.... 

this part was super short since i felt bad for not posting another part sooner, but i promise, i've already started the next one. 

well... i hope you enjoy :)