Chapter 2

Diya's Pov

I was working on company's monthly finance report when suddenly my office door slammed open and in came my friends ritu and priya.

"Lets go its lunch time" shouted my friends .

"You guys go i will eat later i have to complete this file today itself" i said to them resuming my work .

"Get your ass up before i make you" says ritu in a low threatening voice. I know very well when she uses this voice that she is not in good mood and that something must have happened that she wants to share with us.

"Fine" i said gulping and looking at priya asking what happened but she shrugged her shoulders not knowing anything. I closed the files and put them in drawers then took my bag and lock my office door.

"Where to ??  Office Canteen ? " I asked them

"Lets go to this new diner that is opened a few months ago " said Ritu.

"Ok lets go " i said and went to her car then drove to this new diner .

After few minutes we were outside the diner and i must say its beautiful .

"Come" said ritu and we enter the diner

"Welcome to the Mona's diner " said the manager

"Thanks, table for 3 please" priya said

"Sure mam please come" she said

"Here is your table mam , your waiter will be with you in few minutes " she said and left.

We took our places and soon a waiter came to us.

"Good afternoon mam, i am your waiter today. What would you like to drink " he asked and we gave our orders after that he went back to bring our orders.

"Soo __" i started looking at ritu who understand that i want to know what happened. Ritu took a deep breath and muttered "here we go"

" I am resigning " ritu said sighing .

Priya and i got shocked. We look at her face if she is joking but we saw that she was trying hard not to cry .

"What" asked priya and i together .
Let me tell you why we are so shocked because ritu loves her job and i know she will never think of resigning it means something big must have happened .

"Please explain" i said to Ritu.

"As you guys know my parents were searching  a groom for me to get married for a long time now and now they have found a "perfect groom " she said air quoting it .

"Everything got final and even i like him . Last night mom invited them for a dinner everything was going smoothly but boss called me and said to mail him some file so i excused myself to mail it because he said it was urgent but my mother in law didn't like that and when i was in my room mailing a file she put a condition that i should leave my job and become a housewife. It took me few minutes to complete my work and when i went downstairs they were already gone .

I asked my parents why did they leave so suddenly and they told me their condition. I was so angry so i said to my parents that if they want a housewife then they can leave me and find themselves a new bride. " She said crying silently .

"Hey its ok , you will find a better groom for yourself don't worry" i said as the waiter came and put our plates on table and then went away.
She laughed bitterly and said i am not finished yet.

" You know what hurts the most my parents agreed with them they assured them that i will leave my job. And when i argued my mom slapped me saying i should be happy that i am finally getting married and that there is no need for me still working as they are already rich " she said putting her face in her hands and silently crying .

" You know it feels like i am just a burden to my parents that they want to get rid off" she said

" Hey shhh... Don't cry ...shh its ok ... You're not a burden sweetheart... shh calm down " i said as priya and i hugged her .

After few minutes when she calms down.

"Did you're fiancee also came with them?" Priya asked.

"No he couldn't come only my father in law and mother in law came" she replied

" Why don't you talk to your fiancee , may be he can talk to his parents . Just  share your problems with him may be he can help you." I said to her .
She thought about it for a few minutes.

"I think you are right i will talk to him  may be he will agree with me" she said.

"Yes don't worry everything will ok . Now lets enjoy this food before it get cold more that it already is " priya said lightning the mood and we all dig in our food.

"Hello Ladies and gentlemen. Thankyou all for choosing our diner  as its recently opened but with all your love its making a nice progress and a travel agency has chosen our diner to give a free tour package for celebrating their company's 5 year anniversary " said a man on stage.

"So we have decided to make a contest . All you have to do is just write your names on the paper our waiters will provide you then we will make a lucky draw and whoever of you is lucky will get the free holiday ticket of london. Yes guys you hear it right any of you can be lucky to go for a holiday trip to london, all expenses of your tour  will be paid by the agency. So lets start." he said as all of us cheered .

Waiters came and gave a paper and pen to all of us , we wrote our names and they took it back to the man on the stage , who put all the chits in the bowl.

"All right guys we have got the chits now lets see who's the lucky one " he said and mixed the chits then take out one chit.

"So guys here is the chit in my hand lets see what  is the name of our lucky contestant. He said excitedly .

I was busy in eating my food as i knew that i am not that lucky . I just knew it.

"So our lucky contestant is "he said and took a pause.

"Oh com'on just told us" priya scream excitedly. And at that exact moment i got a phone call so i got up and went out to answer it.

After talking to my other colleague who wanted some information, I went inside and priya and ritu came running to me saying god knows what.

"Guys calm down " i said to them

"We can't  , you won dia , you won" they scream again.

Before i could say anything the same man from stage call out my name and called me on stage. I look at my friends as they push me forward.

"Congratulations Ms Diya you are our lucky contestant , and here is your price " he said as everyone started clapping and cheering .

He gave me the envelope with the ticket to london.

I look at the ticket than him and then to my friends who were also cheering. I can't believe i won, like seriously.

After getting congratulations from every one i went to my friends who hug me so tightly i couldn't breath.

"Can't b .. breath" i said to them and they release me .

"Wow you won diya now you will go to london " priya said making hand gestures . I laugh. 

After celebrating few more minutes .

" Ok guys lets go before we loose our jobs " i said to them  and we went back to our work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Readers

Hope you're enjoying the story

Please vote and comment 😘😘

Thankyou 🙂 🙂