Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Thanks to everyone who followed my story, put it on their favorites list, and above all, thanks to those who reviewed. Love you guys!

! #$%^

Sam's POV

! #$%^

Everything was foggy.

It was like being in the middle of a large crowd, things are rushing past you, bumping into you, but you're left turning this way and that, trying to find something to save you from this torture. I didn't know what was going on: were my eyes open or shut?

Was I alive or dead?

I couldn't feel anything, yet flashes of pictures flew through my head, of Clint, of Natasha, of Loki.

Loki.

I think I'm supposed to be feeling something right now, but all I can feel is numbness. Like I'm not even here, just floating, drifting away….

Like a dream…

Or maybe it was more like dying. Was I dying? How could I be dying? I didn't remember much of anything, so it was very possible that I was dying and just couldn't remember what had happened. But was this really how I wanted to go out?

Like some old woman with Alzheimer's?

No. I couldn't go out like this.

I would hold on, hold on just for the simple fact that I was better than this. I couldn't feel anything, I was so numb, but I fought to hold on. Imagining that there was a bar, and ledge that I could hold onto. Maybe Clint and Natasha were up there, or maybe even Loki, but just something to keep me here.

I would hold on.

For them.

! #$%^

Third Person

! #$%^

Clint was pacing back and forth across the room, worried out of his mind. He was still at Stark Tower, taking his shift for watching Loki. He was worried that something would happen while he was away. What if Samantha woke up, or what if she gets worse and he's not there?

Loki was staring at the wall, something he had taken to ever since they got back from shawarma. Loki had sat in a corner of the shop as the rest of the Avengers ate, many things on their minds. For most of them it was Samantha, and for others, it was Loki.

Clint thought that they should send Loki away sooner, since who knows what trouble he could cause while he was still here. I mean, he didn't seem that much of a threat right now, but looks had a way of being deceiving.

Natasha strode into the room, and Clint immediately stopped his pacing, walking over to her side. His eyes were bright as he waited for any new updates, but Natasha just smiled softly at him, shaking her head.

"She's fine. She's been fine, and she will continue to be fine. You need to stop worrying; it's not good for you," Natasha said, and rubbed his shoulder gently. Clint sighed, and nodded.

"Yeah. You're right. Worrying isn't going to help her get through this…" He said, and moved to walk across the room, back to his usual pacing spot. Natasha stepped forwards and grabbed his arm, spinning him back around.

"It's my turn to watch Loki. Thor's turn too,"

Just then, Thor ambled through the doorway, and smiled halfheartedly at the two agents. He made his way over to Loki, and sat down on the couch beside him. Clint nodded at Natasha, and began to leave the room.