Chapter Five

A/N: Hey guys! In this chapter we get to see more of Loki, and that's always fun! After this chapter, there will be a lot more of Loki, believe me. Anyways, here it is!

!#$%^

The rest of the day passed by quickly, with most of it spent next to the computer that was trying to find Clint. When it was past one in the morning and there was still no result, Maria Hill 'ordered' me to go get some sleep. I was far too tired to resist, so I went back to my room and fell asleep the second my head touched my pillow.

The next morning came sooner than I had wanted it to, and I winced at the sound of my phone's alarm waking me up at five o'clock. I sighed and reluctantly got up, throwing on clothes and leaving for the computer once again. I had spent so much time beside that computer, it was honestly exhausting. I was sick of sitting by a computer, but I wanted to be there when they found him.

If they found him...

I made my way to the control room, saying quick hellos to the people I had grown to know over the past couple of days, before taking my seat in front of the computer once again.

I had been sitting there for about an hour and a half already when I felt a presence behind me. I swiveled my chair around, and saw Captain Rogers standing there with a puzzled look on his face. He brought up a chair, and sat down beside me.

"Captain?" I asked. He just shook his head at me.

"Steve. Call me Steve," He spoke firmly, and I nodded at him. I shot him a questioning look, to which he responded hesitantly.

"You're name is Barton, right? That means that Clint Barton must be your..." He trailed off, wanting me to fill in the rest. I gave him a brief smile, before answering.

"Clint's my older brother," I said. Steve nodded, thinking to himself. He looked over at the computer, noting its lack of progress in finding Clint.

"You obviously love your brother very much. You didn't leave the computer's side until you were ordered to, and now it's five in the morning, and you here you are yet again. I take it you and your brother were close?"

I winced, before taking a huge gulp of the coffee someone had brought for me a while ago. I sighed, and tried to find a way to explain it.

"The saddest part it that we weren't close at all. It was sort of the opposite, really. I never understood why my brother always seemed to step in and ruin my life, so I started to hate him, and acted out because of it. But now, as I think about it, everything he did was only because he cared about me. And what can I do now? I may never see my brother again; I may never get to tell him that I understand now. That I'm sorry for everything I did to get back at him. I may never get the chance to tell him how much I love him..."

I was trying not to cry at this point, but my immediately eyes dried when I reminded myself that I had cried every day for the past few days, and I could not cry anymore. I couldn't.

Steve placed a hand on my shoulder, and I looked over at him. He smiled softly, and took a deep breath in.

"I'm sure that your brother knew that you were just being young, and also knew that you loved him, despite everything," He said, and I took some comfort in his words.

"Thanks, Steve. But really, you're not that much older than I am. Besides the whole sleeping for seventy years thing, because if you count that then you're waaay older than me. But just for fun, let's not and just pretend that you and I are the same age. It gives me someone who I can relate to," I rambled, and Steve raised his eyebrows at me, and let out a small chuckle.