Chapter Thirty-Five - Halloween

*

*

--{{CYGNET}}--

*

*

6 Months.

6 Draining months of study, exams, assignments and worst of all. 6 months since Nathan was deployed. Our frequent skypes where becoming less and less. He'd be able to talk everyday one week and then nothing the next. And it was driving me crazy. Letting out a groan, I dropped my head into my hands.

I missed him. His eyes. His laugh. His goddamned touch. And now, for all I knew, he could be dead or missing or getting shot at. And I couldn't do anything.

Another groan left my lips.

"Whats wrong? " Emily asked looking up from hers.

"Nothing, it's just...Nate. Why is this sooo difficult?" I groaned.

She gave me a sympathetic look. "It'll get better".

"When..?" I whined holding my head in my hands.

She laughed.

"Someday, besides we have bigger things to worry about"

"Like what?"

She laughed again.

She'd been happier the last couple of months. It was mostly due to Jason. They dated the first 2 months until announcing they were in a relationship. But she'd failed to mention her family. Her father. Her mother. Her abusive life.

But the way she acted now, is like it had never exsisted. No Shitty father. No shitty mother. It was like she had a smooth upbringing with happy parents. 

"Exams, we have exams to worry about. And I was asking for help" Emily stated as my eyes met her curiously.

"Your three hundred times smarter than me, and you need my help?"

"Not with school you idiot, with life?" she emphasised the last word.

"Oh" I said dumbly. "What happened?"

"Well Jason has taken me to his parents house heaps and he keeps asking to meet mine".

"I think you should tell him"

"What! No! He'll run for the hills as soon as he gets wind of my parents" Her face turned pale. "Or they'll....dad...he will get angry. I haven't told them, dad says strictly no guys".

"What about ya mum?"

She let out a dry laugh. "Yeah you know her opinion on guys, how do you think they'll react when they hear I have a boyfriend. Hmm?"

"RIght" I huffed leaving the room and entering the kitchen. "Do you want a tea?" She called.

"No thanks"

*

*

*

Once she left I couldn't help but feel jealous.

She was just about to go on a "big date" that jason had been telling her about all week. And here I was staying at home, crying because my love was probably being shot at. At least one good thing would happen soon.

HALLOWEEN!!

Lisa was having a Halloween party and - despite her arguments - Finn insisted on inviting HEAPS of people. And I mean heaps. I'm going as a Zombie maid. Lisa's going to be an Rockstar. Emily's going as a mouse (duh). Emma is going as a girl in really really really short shorts and a leather jacket(biker). Aparently because Will would be there.