The Story of Them (Angel): Chapter 4

"You! " I yelled, catching view of him as he strolled in. He was wearing a big grin. "You jackass!" Xenon  stopped and stared at me quizzically, his red eyes confused. "Uh...who are you...exactly?" My face tightened and I glared. "Idiot! You forgot? You knocked me out!" He pursed his lips. "Erm...hmm...I've knocked out a bunch of people in my time." he muttered, looking thoughtfully up at the ceiling. "You have to remind me, which one are you?" Cocky b- ''So you're Xenon's guest then?" the one named Vincent wondered, leaning over to pour himself more tea. I assumed that he was more calm now. Yeah, he'd better be! I'll mess him up! "Apparently..." I answered, glaring. I was attempting to light Xenon on fire with my mind. It wasn't working so far. "Oh, wait! I remember now! You're that church guy! Ohh! Haha! Whoo, slipped my mind there." I didn't laugh. "You're not funny. Why am I here? Why was I in your basement...and why was a live woman in there too?" Xenon froze. "Woman?" I nodded. "Yeah, idiot. I don't know what what you do in your spare time but-" I saw him rush to the basement door, peeking into the dimly lit darkness of the room. "Xenon? What woman?" Xavier questioned, something in his voice, I couldn't quite figure out.

Suddenly, Xenon breathed a sigh of relief. "Phew! Okay, it's good. There's nothing to worry about." He looked at me. "Jeez, Angel, you had me worried. I thought she was still alive." My eyebrows pulled together. Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Before I could say anything, Xavier had  crossed the room, making his way to Xenon and smacked him. "You idiot! Why are you harboring a dead body in our basement?! Have you no shame?" he fumed, shaking him. "I-I-I-I ca-a-a-n-n expla-a-ain! Just stop shaking me!" Xenon demanded, shoving Xavier off. He straightened his collar and tugged at his shirt. "It's simple. After I drink the blood of my victims, instead of leaving their bodies for others to find, I burn them to heat up our house." he smiled, as if that was the best thing in the world.

 The guy that came in with him earlier, gagged. "So we've been breathing the air of a dead person!? What the-" He quickly turned and exited the house, stepping out into the night. I froze. Wait..so..."You drunk her blood...I was touching a dead person?! What the hell?! Are you crazy!?"

Xenon blinked. "No. I told you before. I'm a vampire. He's a vampire. And that's a warlock." he answered, pointing at Xavier and Vincent. "Xenon!" his brother yelled. "You're not supposed to tell!" "Oh, quit being a baby." Xenon sneered, taking a seat on the arm of a chair. "I suppose you're right. It won't be long before he joins us." Vincent said, staring into his teacup. "What?! No. No. No. Nope. No way I'm gonna let you bite me. Peace. I'm out." I told them, heading for the door. "I don't mean it that way, but if you insist." I heard him mutter. I didn't pay any attention to what he said and quickly hurried for the door. "No wait, Angel. You don't know-" Xenon, started grabbing my shoulder. I shook him off, turning to face him before exiting. "No! You're all crazy! And didn't I say not to touch me?!" I threw open the door and felt the rush of the night air, I stepped outside and found out that they didn't live too far from downtown. Just a few miles away. In fact, I've seen this place a few times before, but was just never curious enough to ask about it.

"Angel, just-" "Leave me alone!" I yelled, taking off into a quick run into the street. I remember hearing that guy from before, yelling something like "Watch out!" and then the sound of a car horn and screeching tires.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep, that's how it happened...at least if I remembered it right. Well, here we are. I was now standing in front of the house that I once rushed so quickly out of to my death. Such a lame way to die...

"Hey. You're back." quoted the guy from before. His eyes and hair were dark, almost the same color as each others'. He stood in front of me, probably having three or four inches over me, and there was Vincent too. Also, Xenon and Xavier. They all looked the same as when I last saw them. "Told you." Xenon smugly said, grinning from ear to ear. "What are you talking about..." I spat bitterly, "you didn't tell me anything." I looked away from him, blushing slightly out of embarrassment. He poked my forehead and smiled in my face, "If you'd just listened~"  "Screw off." He laughed and rocked back and forth on his heels. "Angel~ I have something to tell you." "I don't care." I huffed, looking away. I caught Vincent and the other guy throwing a smirk my way, and Xavier smiling. Narrowing my eyes, I frowned,Why are they all staring at me like that? Xenon tapped my shoulder. "Welcome to the family, Angel."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonus Excerpt: 

I sat in the living room, arms crossed, and being annoyed by Xenon who kept poking my face. "I'm only here because my family thinks I'm dead and I have nowhere else to go. Got it? I hate every single one of you...including you even though I don't know you're name." I stated, pointing at the guy whose name I never learned. "My name is Aquarius." he said. "You don't matter." I snapped. There was a silence and as I fumed, a thought came to my mind. "Hey...are there only guys living here?" Vincent nodded. "Yes...why?" I sunk in my chair. "Then, how do you guys...I mean, so there's no girls or women anywhere?" Vincent shook his head. I think he was pretending not to know what I was hinting at, but I think Xavier and Xenon caught on. Xavier's facial expression changed to one of embarrassment and he looked at the floor, not meeting anyone's eyes. Xenon only smiled innocently. "Oh, that's easy! We just do "it" with eachother!" "WHAT?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed Angel's story!!!

                                                            Kira