Chapter 16: Reckless Decisions

"Hey has anyone seen Reid," Penelope asks. It had been a while since anyone had seen him after he stormed out of the boardroom. No one was aware of the reckless decision he had made.

"No, I thought he went to Mia and Elijah," JJ replied sharing a look with Louis, Emily, and Penelope, which only they seemed to be able to understand. It didn't take long for all three women to race towards the break room, Rossi, Luke, and Matt following quickly behind.

"What's going on," Rossi asks as they stop at the break room door, to find only the kids.

"Hey, Eli, where your Dad," JJ asks the young boy.

"He had something to do but he said he would be back soon," Elijah replied with a shrug only increasing the team's alarm.

"You don't think he would be dumb enough too -," Matt looks between the team who all thought the same.

"With his emotions at the moment yes, yes I think he would be," Emily sadly agreed

"I'll go check my office," Penelope offered before scuttling off, a sinking feeling in her stomach. A feeling which was confirmed the moment she entered her lair to find the screens of her computers all awake.

"He's got location," she panicked as she quickly informed the team back at the roundtable, who immediately jumped into action.

"OK, he's for a huge head start on us," Luke calculated, "let's just hope we can get to him in time."

With little more discussion, the team headed to the SUV's, the kids left in Penelope's capable care. They could only hope they weren't too late to stop him doing something he would live to regret.

______________________________

The address of the warehouse folded in his pocket, and programed into his GPS, Spencer was on a mission. He didn't care what happened, he was getting his wife and son back. His heart raced with adrenaline pumping through his veins. The team wanted to wait but he couldn't. Each minute they were with that monster was one where they could get hurt and he couldn't live with it. He couldn't lose them.

The drive felt like forever but as he neared the warehouse's location he pulls over ready to begin the rest of the long trek. He wasn't risking his care being scene. Not long after he spies the team's vehicles, who pull up behind him.

"Kid, stop," Morgans voice caught Spencer's voice by surprise. Emily must have told Penelope to call him. "Your smart enough to know how dumb this is."

"You shouldn't have called him or come at all," Spencer replied turning to face the team who had all exited the SUV's. "I know what I'm doing."

"No you don't, Morgan's right Reid your smarter than this," Emily tries to reason with him."If you do this and it goes wrong you, Darcy and Charlie could all get hurt or worse end up dead, leaving Mia and Elijah with no one."

It was like a switch flipped in his mind as he froze. How could he have been so selfish? He was so wrapped up in saving his wife and Charlie he hadn't thought about the family he still had with him. His youngest son and daughter.

"I just want them back," he whispered as Morgan, JJ, and Emily rushed over to him the rest of the team hanging back.

"We know kid, we know," Morgan tried to comfort him as they lead him back to the team.

"Look where here now," Luke suggested, "I JJ can get a SWAT team out here then we can do this now."

"Garcia has already sent through the layout of the warehouse," Matt agrees

"Alright then let's do this," Emily solidifies the plan as JJ pulls out her phone.

"I'm so sorry, my head wasn't in the right space," Spencer apologised his eyes not leaving the ground below him.

"We know and that's why when we do this you are to have one of us with you at all times.

"You're letting me go in with you," he blinked in surprise.

"There was no way you would just stay out and wait would you," Emily tells him, Spencer staying silent knowing it was true.

As they waited for the back up from SWATT, the team made a plan, organising their rescue. They weren't leaving anything to chance.

This was there only shot.

_____________________

Unaware the team was slowly closing in Darcy and Charlie hadn't moved since Dean left after his 'lesson.' As they sat there silently they both pleaded internally for the powers at be to them get out of this alive. Even though Charlie had given up hope that someone would find them anytime soon, Darcy was optimistic. They were closing in, she could feel it in her gut. Spencer and his team were coming, she just didn't know when.

It felt like an eternity before any movement could be heard, the metal door flying open.

"I hope I got through to you too," Dean sighed entering the room, "who am I kidding, no I don't.

"Please just leave us alone," Charlie whispered catching Deans attention. "We never did anything to you."

Anger flashed through Dean's eyes as he stormed forwards his fists clenching Charlies. The force of his grip lifting the teen of the ground.

"Nothing," Dean laughed his voice menacing and cold. "You think you and your mother did nothing-"

Deans words were cut short by the ever so faint sound of footsteps echoing through the warehouse. Unfazed Dean slid a gun out from his back pocket Charlies back not pressed against his chest.

"Either of you says a fucking word and you die," Dean hissed, the gun held to Charlie's side right in line with his lungs. The actions saw Darcy frozen in fear, unable to do anything as Dean held her son. One wrong move and he was dead.

The word clear could be heard repeatedly, getting louder as the footsteps came closer. Much to her shock and relief, she heard Spencer's voice faintly among them. They had found them.

For Charlie each minute felt like slow motion, as the gun barrel was pressed further into his side. As they waited silently unsure what was about to happen the ajar door flung open as two agents in SWAT gear quickly enter.

"One more step and I'll shoot," Dean growled at the darker male, who Charlie didn't recognise.

"Emily,' the blonde agent Charlie recognised as JJ spoke into the portable radio attached to her vest. "We've found them but we have a bit of a situation/

"Come any closer and I'll shoot," Dean threatened again, the gun once more pressing further into Charlie's side causing him to cry out in pain.

"Ok, ok," JJ began putting her gun back in her holster, "we won't come any closer, just please put the gun and let him go."

"Do you think I'm that stupid," Dean growled. "I'm not going back to prison, if I'm going down I'm taking collateral with me.

"He's you, son," Darcy burst out in a sob unable to stay silent, "he did nothing wrong."

"I told you to shut up," Dean snapped putting pressure on the trigger.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

_____________________________

Hey guys hope you all enjoy, the cliff hanger make me feel evil.

What do you think happened?

Mollyxxx