Chapter 15: Now Or Never

There are things in your life you are always going to regret, not telling a person you loved something important, not saying I love you. Darcy was no exception as she sat there holding her oldest son, who was almost trembling in a mixture of fear shock and confusion. The state of him only increasing the quilt that weighed on her heart. She should have told him, helped him understand who his father truly was and kept him from building up this fantasy of who he imagined him to be. Now it was too late, the damage had been done.

"I guess where both sorry then," Charlie manages a sad smile referring to Darcy's muttered apologies as they both held each other.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," Darcy rasped her voice hourse and broken from both exhaustion and pain.

"Lets not get into that argument," Charlie laughed quietly despite the situation, there was only so much darkness and depression one could take. Sadly just as quickly as that laugh came it disappeared replaced by a solemn expression. "Is he really my father, like he said he was"

"I'm afraid so," Darcy couldn't look him in the eye, "I should have told you the truth from the beginning but he was nowhere near us and I thought I escape the past."

"What does he want with us, with you," Charlie looked up at his mother whose face contorted in both sadness and memories.

"To ruin my life the way I apparently did his," Darcy sighed.

"Wait what, what did you do to ruin his life," Charlie asked forehead creased in confusion and budding anger. Even if his mother had ruined his father's life, nothing would mean the need for something like this.

"It's a long story and one I actually have a lot of time to tell," Darcy winces as she moves herself into a more comfortable position. "Well Dean your father."

"The one who has us here," Charlie asks interrupting her.

"That's the one, not we dated when I was sixteen, he was seventeen. Even being at such a naive age I saw how toxic it was, but I was stupid and he was my first proper boyfriend. Honestly I thought no one else would love me. Sure enough his controlling behaviour had become too much for me and I left him after much difficulty." Darcy began to explain

"Wait if you left him how did I come along?" Charlies found himself confused.

"I was just about to get to that," Darcy let out a small chuckle despite the circumstance. "What I hadn't planned on happening was nearly 6 weeks later to find out I was pregnant. I was so scared and young that I did what I thought had been the most sensible thing to do, tell my parents.Unfortunately they furious and ended up kicking me out. Out on my own and in need of support I found myself on his doorstep, somehow I convinced myself that with the baby he would change. It was the worst mistake of my life and a night I ultimately will never forget."

"You don't have to tell me anymore," Charlie told her as she squeezed her eyes shut. "How could you going back to him for support ruin his life.

"Because when I did he demanded we get back together and when I said I didn't want to he lost it. Honestly I was lucky to escape, in my car but he chased after me in his own causing me to crash. I nearly lost you that night Charlie all because of my stupid niaevity and my dilusional ex." Darcy struggled to find her words. "I know it wasn't my fault he blames me for everything he was put in prison for eighteen years for intent to murder and the purposeful cause of a car accident. I didn't even know he got out early."

Before Charlie had a chance to reply, the door opened once again as Dean returned with a minimal amount of food. His emotions getting the better of him, Charlie charged towards his birth father who was taken aback but left unfased.

"Yoru just a stupid as your mother," Dean grinned catching Charlie fist twisting it behinde the teeen back as he cried in agony. "Looks like I'm going to have to teach your and your mother a lesson. I would have thought she would have learned after the last."

""Don't touch her," Charlie screamed shoved forward.

"And what are you going to about it kid,' Dean smirked, towering over him his persona a complete three-sixty to the man who had picked him up. Still Charlie wasn't going back down charging once again at his father only to earn a right hook to the gut.

"You both really should learn," Dean shook his head striding towards the two.

----------------------

Spencer couldn't understand what he had been told. All these years of him and Darcy sharing everything yet Garcia has unearthed something even he didn't know about his wife. He wasn't angry, he was furious. Furious with the man who had cause he so much pain, who had taken her and Charlie from him.

"Have you found an address," Spencer asked his voice monotone and void of any emotion.

"No, but I'm working on it,' Peneople replied quietly taken aback by his tone.

"That's not good enough," was all Spencer said as he exited the boardroom leaving the team shocked.

"Don't take it personally Garcia," Emily tried to reassure the technical analyst.

"How can I not," Penelope sighed looking at the floor.

"You have gotten us closer than we were before," Luke piped up," if you weren't so meticulous with your analysis we would still be trying to find out who the unsub is."

"Thanks newbie," she gives him a small smile as her tablet buzzes, "I have a location, there's a warehouse about thirty minutes away his father used to own they sold it years ago and it has since been abandoned."

"Alright, can you organise backup for tomorrow morning we're going to need it," Emily instructed JJ who was a natural at organising such things. "Spencer can not not till tomorrow, do I make myself clear. He is not in a good head space, and we don't want him doing anything rash."

Unbeknown Spencer had been listening in on the conversation, his forehead creasing in anger as he snuck into Penelope's layer. If the team weren't going to let him have it he was going to have to steal it. There was no way he was waiting another minute to get his wife back, let alone waiting to morning. Copying down the location he slipped out of the office once again heading to the breakroom where he finds Mia and Elijah.

"Hey daddy," Mia grinned looking up from her drawing the paper in front of her covered in brightly coloured crayon.

"Hey sweetie, you guys having fun," he kissed her head ruffling Elijah's hair who was reading a book. Nothing giving away what he planned to do.

"Yeah," Mia hummed concentrating on her artwork.

"Alright, I'm just heading out for a while. You guys be good for the team," Spencer told them knowing the team would have no problem watching them. They kids including Charlie had warmed their way into all their hearts.

Without another word he slipped out of the office the team still busy discussing what to do next. Spencer knew this was crazy but he had to take the risk he needed his family back.

_______________________________________________

Sorry about the late update hope you enjoy this chapter things are about to heat up

Molly xxx