Chapter 15: Summer Trails

[I got some horse charts off of google for horse markings in case I confuse anyone. I also pulled a couple horse colors off of google. (Obviously not mine).]

]

[A/N: Yayyy another update

[A/N: Yayyy another update. But yeah don't expect a lot. I have school now so that's 'fun'. So updates will be a lot slower. Probably slower then every few months.Also I guess for some reason I went with the name Lacey instead of Izzy for one of the foals, I would change it but it be awkward since I have a friend named Izzy now.]

]

   Dazzling as ever the crystal clear lake glimmers in the sun, the sky was practically cloudless

Dazzling as ever the crystal clear lake glimmers in the sun, the sky was practically cloudless. A breeze was giving the horses in the pasture a nice relaxing coolness. Kuro even though he was the new horse he was relaxing by the other stallions halfway submerged in the lake. Chili was even relaxing solemnly with Pepper eating grass. Peppers two foals running through the shallow area of the lake. Everything seems too perfect.

"Come here all of you pretty horses!" Nani calls out excitedly.

The thundering of hooves come closer and closer to the professional bareback competitor. Then there's the low nickering of horses as they suddenly stop unintentionally kicking up dirt and turning the air dusty. A few horses accidentally bump into each other and minor rearing occurs.

Lacey, Carla and Pepper were brought in first. The other horses were obnoxiously waiting as they were lead in. It was early in the day so it caused some of the horses to get all mopey about what was going to be happening. They had been enjoying the summer sun.

Once they were all brought in a trailer pulled up to the barn. Will went out with Zoey and met the driver. That didn't seem to be all to
interesting to the horses. A regal looking was walked out of the trailer by Will.

The horse was a dark American Warmblood with white stocking legs and a 'bald face' who was uneasy probably from being in the trailer to long. Or they weren't a trailer horse, it was understandable. No horse, well maybe a circuit horse likes to be in a trailer. No matter how big and spacious they be it's still cramped and crowded in there even if your the only horse.

Zoey walks in the Warmblood who seems a little high strung.

"Everyone this is Prince," Zoey says towards all the horses, "he's going to be my horse for a little while."

The horses did slightly expect Zoey to get another horse. She wasn't going to keep on borrowing Chilli from her sister. It didn't go over well most of the times. There had been a lot of yelling and now she has another horse. It wasn't exactly that Zoey didn't want Pepper anymore it was that Pepper had foals that needed to be taken care of.

No one really knew if she'd be keeping Prince after the foals had become old enough to be adopted. They had already been weaned which was a good thing. Bailey had experience with foals so he had been aquatinting the two with halters and other things.

Prince stood in his stall uneasily swaying his head back and forth. That was until Zoey gave Prince a carrot which settled Prince down.

Saddled and ready all the horses were lead out of the barn. The sun was high in the sky and there was a light breeze that Jimber seemed to enjoy quite a lot.

[A/n: again short, but I have a pretty big chapter planned that will be 3000 words. Nothing less than that I assure you]