Chapter 3

He finally sat up, "Well I am going to take a shower and get ready for the day. I have a ship to fix. I can do a decent breakfast as well and we have some leftovers from last night." Billy moved her arm and rolled out of bed and stretched. He wasn't anything near a model of a man. Though there was some fat he was heavy with muscles from working on his ship. When home he also worked around the farm. The actual management was done by a family member but he liked to keep his hand in the running when he could.

Satasha rolled over and looked at him and though he was shorter than an average Sholan male he was easily as muscled as many of them were, "It seems so strange to not see fur. Some of the Alliance is furless but they tend to be completely furless." Damn it she probably shouldn't have mentioned that, "I am going to my ship to get clean and a clean ship suit. If it is okay I would like to take a look at the inside of your ship and I can show you around mine." Well some of it.

Billy turned and gave her a grin, "I already know yours is far more advanced than mine is and would die to see it inside and out. Too bad she is in stealth." He sighed when he said that, "Mine is just an old tramp freighter that is a prior naval cargo vessel that was used for small fast runs. Doesn't carry a huge amount but moves along at a pretty nice clip for a lady of her age." Billy grabbed some clothes and with a nod in her direction walked out of his room and to the bathroom.

She stood up and stretched before grabbing the tabard and walked out of the room. This time before going anywhere other than the hallway she listened and sniffed but didn't sense any new odors or sounds. When she got to the front door she did much the same as well and then hurried over to her ship. It was too bad she didn't have one of the stealth suits she wasn't supposed to know about. From what she had heard they were rather sensitive and hadn't been perfected yet though.

Once inside the ship she hurried to her room and took a quick shower. The suit she pulled on was one normally used for maintenance and she made sure she had all the tools she would normally use. This actually wasn't something she would normally do but since the scout/fighter ships had such small compliments they were all cross trained. Normally she would be the communications and navigator for the ship. Now she was commander, communications and navigation, engineer, cook, and whatever else was needed.

Based on what she had scanned of the hyper ships as well as intersystem ships she definitely had a major edge on them. She wanted to scan his ship and get a feel for the tech in the ship to see what she might be able to use to get hers working. The full diagnostics had finally finished and she would review it while she ate breakfast.

Billy took a quick shower as well though he ended up in standard redneck garb of a plaid button up shirt and coveralls. All the tools he needed were on the ship already so he simply made sure he had his pocket tool on his belt and walked out of his room to the kitchen. Satasha was still not in the house. Since there were more than enough leftovers he decided on an omelet with diced up onions, the meat from the night before, cheese, and hash browns.

He was whistling quietly when he heard the front door open and he assumed it was Satasha, "In here." Billy called out as he kept working on cutting the food up so it was ready when the eggs were. He had already mixed the eggs and turned and raised an eyebrow, "Man you make me look positively plebian." Her suit was a basic black but had some dark gray accents to it. There were a number of emblems on her uniform as well as tools in a belt.

Billy grinned at her, "If you are going to scan my ship and you get any patents I expect a percentage of the credit." The eggs were at the point where he tossed the meat and veggies in and folded it over and piled some cheese on, "Hope this is stuff you can eat." The omelets went onto a plate along with the hash. He carried it over to the table. He had already put some juices and ice tea on the table.