Chapter 8

Getting to the ship didn't take that long and they were tractored into a landing bay. As he expected there was a reasonable sized escort. As the ramp was sliding down he hugged Satasha and gave her a good kiss and licked her nose, "I hope to see you again before whatever happens, happens." He turned and opened the airlock and the three of them walked out. Satasha and Billy were side by side and Sally behind.

One of the men waiting was obviously of a high rank. Billy stepped forward and ignored the warriors tensing, "Sir I am returning Lt. Satasha Verzilon to you in good health and as a way to say we don't want a fight." He looked at Satasha and then back at the officer, "I would like to request that whatever quarters my daughter and I end up in that Satasha be assigned to as well. This is not only because she is familiar with our species but also because she is my companion." He stepped back and ignored the murmuring.

The officer flicked an ear and the warriors stilled, "I will see what I can do. Right now she needs to go to medical and then debriefing. The two of you are going to go to medical as well to try and ensure you aren't carrying anything that might infect us. These four warriors will escort you. This is to ensure that you don't do anything and also to ensure you are not interfered with." Four warriors stepped forward.

Billy nodded, "I understand the need for the escort." He turned and looked at the warriors. "Shall we get started?" Sally was standing close to him and he wrapped an arm around her and gave her a light squeeze.

The senior warrior gave them a brief look though his eyes did linger a bit longer on Sally, "This way please." Two of the warriors were in front and two in back. They ended up taking several elevators and hallways to get where they were going.

As they were heading there Billy tried to memorize the route but the ship was just too bloody large and he sighed. When he sighed the senior warrior asked if everything was okay, "Just starting to get a bit of a headache, it has been stressful for the last few weeks and this ship is bloody huge. Since it is filled with new tech it makes my fingers itch. I am resisting the urge to pull something apart and see how it works." He gave the warrior a wry grin when he said that.

"That would not be a good idea for you to do. Are you an engineer or repair tech?" He had been told to get as much information he could.

"Actually I was a member of the Naval design and development board when I was in the Navy. New ship technology makes my fingers itch." He stared at the control panel and resisted the urge to do anything.

Sally grinned at the warrior, "My father is classified as genius level in engineering. You should see what he can do when it comes to the hyper tubes and engines." She shouldn't have mentioned it and Billy winced.

The warrior raised an eyebrow, "What did you do?" He wasn't any sort of tech but was curious.

Billy sighed and looked at Sally, "Thanks for that and let me have your VR glasses." He pulled his out and put them on and handed Sally's over. Once the warrior put it on Billy pulled up some of the VR boards, "Mind you when Satasha originally landed and looked at my ship she asked why I didn't just re-crystallize the tubes. That sort of kick started my brain. This equation is used to describe the parts of the tube that have de-crystallized which feeds into this equation which creates a profile of how the tubes are to be heated and feeds into..."

The warrior shook his head and took the glasses off and handed them to Sally, "Now I have a headache. Thanks for that." This was definitely getting mentioned when he was debriefed.

Billy couldn't help but grin, "You are very welcome and I am sure medical will have something for the headache." One or two of the other Sholan's snickered for a brief moment. "Anyways once I had those equations done I just sort of kept going. I worked out some modifications for the engine that was supposed to improve the warp efficiency by about 20%. I missed that by a bit and ended up with 30% or a bit more. I think I forgot to take into account the size of the hyper engines."