Chapter 10

"Now if you don't mind I am pulling up the first screen and this relates to re-crystallization of the tubes. Starting at the top..." He did end up in the room for a bit over 8 hours before he called it quits. They had taken a brief break for lunch but it was about dinner time, "I am starting to get tired and it is about time for food. Take a look at what I explained to you and I assume we can continue this tomorrow." He could tell that the four weren't sure what to make of him and his equations and figured they needed time to digest what he had told them.

They closed the call and called for a warrior to escort him back to the quarters they were in. He was pleased when he was led out of the secured area. It took about fifteen minutes to make it to a different set of quarters, "All of your belongings have been moved to this room. The door will be unlocked but we ask that you have a warrior with you when you leave. This is for your security and nothing else."

Billy was very pleased by that, "Um, thanks and most definitely since I'm pretty sure I'll get lost if I didn't have an escort who knows their way around." As large as the ship was he wasn't going to take a chance on getting lost.

The warrior slipped a card into the hand reader, "Please press your hand against the reader and it will register your palm print so you can access the quarters." Once Billy had done that the warrior pulled the card out and indicated for him to touch the access panel. The door slid open and with a nod the warrior left.

Billy walked into the room and gave a low whistle. They were much nicer than the ones they had been in. Sally came out and grinned at him and he gave her a big hug and held her for a few moments, "I take it you like our new quarters?" He had to wonder which complaint had earned them this upgrade.

She laughed, "Oh yes I like them and the beds are far better than the others were. We even have a food dispenser." She leaned into the hug and rested her head on his shoulder, "If it is alright with you Vangie would like to visit and spend the night again."

Billy snorted at her, "Just don't do anything I wouldn't do." It was rather hard to think of her as an adult and able to make her choices about her partners. He didn't have much room to speak since he was in a very intimate relationship with a Sholan. He had to admit there was something drawing him and Satasha together but he wasn't sure what it was.

Sally giggled at his response, "I will abide by your request as a good daughter should." They were still hugging when Satasha walked in, "Can you believe these quarters? I might not want to go home since I would feel I was slumming it."

Satasha snickered at her, "Eventually you'll have to return to earth since if you don't it could be considered kidnapping." She had been impressed with the quarters as well since they were actually unused Leska quarters. Satasha had to grin at Billy, "I understand you gave out a few more headaches today. I'm beginning to wonder if that is a talent of yours."

He snorted at her, "If the darn fool idiots hadn't tried to treat me like an ignorant barbarian from a backwater world I might not have caused the headaches." He growled that out and looked rather annoyed, "I admit that I did go a bit overboard when I was describing the equations and tossed in some modifications I'm thinking about."

She rolled her eyes at him, "Yilly from their point of view you are from a backwater planet since your engines are considered rather primitive to ours. I have a feeling if the mods you are considering it will be a quantum leap for your people and narrow the gap." When Sally moved away she moved into his arms and gave him a good kiss, "You did impress one of the Design Engineers; it was the female on the board. I have a feeling you are going to be busy for the next few days." As he stroked her fur she leaned into his arms.