chapter 9

Senhime POV

I breathed, nervously, walking up to the mountain. "Okay so if that's there and that's there than it has to be right..there". I said. Once I saw it my mind was blown. It was beautiful. It looked like one from those fairy tale books. I giggled, excitedly rushing to the door. I breathed, nervously, knocking on the door but it opened by itself. I went in, nervously. "Hello". I asked, stepping inside. "Your majesty". I said.

Random child POV

I was skipping around the castle until I saw this random women in the living room. I gasped, afraid so I rushed to mother's room immediately.

Chizuru POV

I was sleeping, enjoying my rest until I felt one of my sons, Subaru, tug me. I hummed, opening my eyes and looking at him. "good morning baby. Did you sleep well". I asked. He has fear in his eyes. "Mommy. There's a random women in the castle. She's in the living room". She said, to my confusion. "A random women". I asked, getting up immediately, picking him up and rushing to the living room.

Senhime POV

I breathed, walking over to the paintings. I saw a portrait of her and her children. I smiled, touching it. I then saw..hijikata on the photo. I sadden. It must of been hard for her seeing her husband but her husband not remembering who she was...I would be devastated. Than I heard someone walk over to me. I looked to the side and saw a random child. I grinned at her. "Well hello little girl". I said. She just stared at me. "What's your name". I asked but she quickly ran off. I gasped. "Wait. Where are you going". I asked, rushing over to her but then..I ran into a man. I looked up at him, seeing him glare at me. "Oh. I'm so-". "Who are you". he asked, glaring at me. I breathed nervously, stepping back. "Umm. I'm senhime. I'm looking for-". "Humans aren't aloud here. including weak women like yourselves". He said and glared at me more. I breathed nervously, stepping back. "Oh. I'm aware of that". I said, almost knocking down something. "How did you find this place". He asked. I stopped at a wall. "Well. I had a map". I said. He glared at me. I showed it to him. He snatched it and looked at it. He then glared me and threw it in the fire. "No human has ever found this place..and whoever does..get's killed". He said, making me gulp. Then I heard a random gasp. "Senhime". I heard a familiar voice. I looked to the side and saw Chizuru. I gasped bowing down immediately. "Your highness". I said.

Chizuru POV

Haku looked at me, confused. "Mother. You know this women". He asked. I smiled, walking over to her. "Yes. She's a friend I met in the outside world". I said, looking around. "It's okay my darlings. It's safe". I said. They all gasped and came out, relieved. I smiled, looking at Haku. "Thank you my son but I'll take it from here". I said. He smiled, nodding. "Yes mother". He said and left. I sighed, putting Subaru down and holding his cheek. "It's alright now. Go play with your brothers and sisters". I said. He giggled, running off. I giggled, holding her up. "I do apologies. We never get visitors. If we did it wouldn't be pleasant". I said. She giggled, rubbing her hands. "Oh no. My apologies for coming unannounced". She said. I sighed. "It's alright. Well wouldn't be any other way for you to contact us". I said, walking with her to the dinning area where everyone started eating. We sat down and sighed. She looked around, shocked. "Wow..you had this many come out of you". She asked. I laughed a bit, looking around. "Yes. It wasn't easy if I do say so myself". I said, looking around. "I can't believe it. This doesn't happen everyday". She said. I giggled, eating our breakfast. "Well it is a shocker". I said, staring at her. "..why have you come here". I asked. She looked at me. "..yesterday..the shinsengumi found a monster eating one of their men". She said. I stared at her. "I knew you would know of what it was so you can help us". she said. I sighed, looking away. "I cannot help you". I said, to her confusion. "What". She asked, shocked. "Only because I know what they are and what they can do. Trust me. My husband defeated those monsters a very long time ago to protect us but now that there alive again we can't do anything but hide". I said. She stared at me, shocked. "But. What about the civilians..the people-". "It is not our problem...not anymore. I only think about my children and my family". I said and stared at my food. She glared at me. "..what happened the Chizuru...the girl who fought for anyone with her husband..the girl who fought for her people". She said. I looked down at my plate. "My people disappeared so long ago". I said. "And they still wait for you down in the village". She said. I sighed. "...there are things that you still don't understand". I whispered. She stared at me. "So tell me..what do I not have understood", she asked. I looked up at her but than Aimi came. I smiled, putting her on my lap. She laid her head on my chest, staring at the table. I smiled at Senhime. "This is what I protect..I protect my family". I said, grabbing a strawberry for aimi. "Maybe there's more family out there that need more protection then you think". She said. I froze. She stood up. "Please think about what I said. If you change your mind please go to the shinsengumi". She said and left. I sighed, holding the strawberry. Aimi stared at me. I smiled, kissing her head and trying to feed her but like always she refuses. I sighed, rubbing her head. She kept laying her head on my shoulder, falling asleep. I sighed. "My poor baby". I whispered. She yawned, rubbing her eyes. I stared at my plate.

(Time skip)

I was in my bedroom, looking at photos of me, Hijikata and the kids. I sniffled, seeing a tear fall on one of the photos. I sighed, wiping them away until someone came in. I looked and saw Ainu come in. I gasped, smiling. "Hi honey". I said. She smiled, sitting next to me. I sighed, staring at the picture. She hugged me, making me hug her back. "I'm sorry baby..I just miss your daddy so much". I whispered. She hummed, staring at the picture. "Mom I think you should go help them". She said, it my confusion. "You want me to leave you guys", I asked. She shook her head. "I want you to help those who need help". She said. I sighed, staring at her. "Sweet heart..I..i don't want to lose you guys..I can't risk myself being out there. You heard your uncle. He'll kill all of us if we get into this situation". I said. She held my hands. I sighed, tearing up. "I can't lose you all..I just can't". I whispered. She shushed me. I sighed. "Mom...go...they need you more than we need you". She said. I smiled, kissing her head. She smiled, hugging me.

I just don't want to see him again...