*The End of the World - 1*

Noemi was sitting happily strapped into the jump-seat and Gabriella was standing next to the console while the Doctor tosses around a golden ball

Noemi was sitting happily strapped into the jump-seat and Gabriella was standing next to the console while the Doctor tosses around a golden ball. "Right then, Gabriella and Noemi Ruscello, you tell me," the Doctor smirks, setting the ball down. "Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time? It's your choice! What's it going to be?"

"That's too much," Gabriella's eyes widen slightly as she tries to decide.

If they went to the future, they could see how much humanity has changed, how much it's grown. But if they went to the past, then Noemi could see how humanity used to live. "Erm... forward?" she looks over at her daughter, who was talking conspiratorially with her stuffed unicorn. "Noemi!" she giggles.

Noemi jumps, nearly dropping Jewel and she hugs him to her chest, "sì, mamma?"

"Do you want to go to the future or the past in the Doctor's time machine?" Gabriella asks.

"Hm..." Noemi's face scrunches up in concentration before she brightens. "Future!" she decides.

"Alright," Gabriella turns to the Doctor, who was watching the girls with a smile. "I've no idea if she actually understands what's happening, but forward," she smiles.

The Doctor smiles back, getting the TARDIS ready to take off, "how far?"

Gabriella tilts her head back and forth for a moment, "one hundred years?" she asks, thinking that wouldn't be too overwhelming for her or Noemi.

The Doctor nods, setting the date. The console room shakes - Gabriella holding onto the console tightly and Noemi giggling - as the TARDIS hurtles through the vortex. A moment later, the engines stop and the room is still once more. "There you go," the Doctor grins. "Step outside those doors and it's the twenty-second century!" he gestures to the doors.

"No way..." Gabriella breathes, looking between the door and the Doctor.

The Doctor smiles, wondering how far he could push it, "that's a bit boring, though," he shrugs. "Do you want to go further?" he looks between the girls.

"Sì! Sì! Sì!" Noemi cheers.

"Gabriella?"

"Fine by me," she laughs.

The Doctor sets the TARDIS a bit further and turns to the girls when the engines stop, "ten thousand years in the future! Step outside and it's the year 12,005, the New Roman Empire," he smirks.

"You think you're so impressive, don't you?" Gabriella tries to scoff, but it was ruined by her look of wonder to the TARDIS doors.

"I am so impressive," the Doctor smirks.

Gabriella bites her bottom lip, "you wish," she smiles, raising an eyebrow in challenge and sending Noemi a wink when she giggles.

"Right then, you asked for it," the Doctor walks around the console, pressing buttons and turning knobs. "I know exactly where to go... hold on!"