Chapter 8.

You guys are amazing. Just thought you should know. xoxo

Song: Wonderwall - Oasis.

***

"Personally, I'd quite like to slap that smug smile right off your face..." She drawled as she pushed passed him, "but I actually have work to do."

Ignoring the pleasurable tingling that spread through her body at the contact, she walked toward the exit of the studio.

"Afraid I'll beat you?" Aaron called as Ayla collected her stuff, causing her to roll her eyes but was other not affected by his taunting. It had been three weeks since the last attack and Ayla had managed to avoid training with Aaron. Or around Aaron. Until today. Here she was, minding her own business as she worked on her defense, when he comes strolling in like he owns the place. Okay, maybe he does but that's so not the point. Swinging her bag onto her shoulder, she replied in a sickly sweet voice and smile to match,

"No, I'm afraid I'll hurt you. Goodbye." Turning on her her heels, she walked to the door and had her hands ready to push it open when... THUMP... a damp towel hit her on the back of the head. Narrowing her eyes, she rounded on Aaron.

"What is your problem?!" she said exasperatedly, "What part of 'I hate you' did you not understand, you complete and utter twat." She shook her head, looking at him as she waited for an answer.

"The hate part, actually." He was smirking now, he'd gotten the rise out of her that he wanted. Of course, he hated arguing with her but he'd take what he could get right now. Shaking her head and muttering "boys" under her breath, Ayla walked back to the doors and pushed through them, letting them swing shut behind her.

***

He sat, silent as he took a long drag from his cigarette, watching the smoke twirl into the air and blend in with the rest that hung aorund him in the dimly lit hut. His eyes flicked to the person standing before him,

"And you're sure?"

"Positive, Sir.." came the murmurmed reply. He thought over the news he had recieved and flicked his cigarette butt to the floor, the sparks flying out on contact.

"Alpha Richard is a lot smarter than I gave him credit for." He sighed under his breath, "And what about the boy?"

"Aaron, Sir? He's naive, Sir. Very easily led."

A cruel smile spread onto the man face at this news as he leant back in his chair.

"Yes. Yes, very good.' He took a moment to think it over, "And the girl?"

The person's face twisted into a mask of unease at these words, but answered the boss anyways despite being hesitstant to do so.

"She's clever, Sir. Cleverer than Aaron, anyway. He trusts her."

It was silent for a moment, the man behind the desk stood from his chair and walked around to the front, laying his hand on the other person's shoulder. Saying in a low voice,

"Then you know what must be done."

Not waiting for confirmation on this, he walked out of the office and into the main area where a group of rogues had gathered. They silence as he approached, looking at him with worship and hope. Admiration and love.

"My young ones," He addressed them, his arms spread open as if trying to embrace them all, "Now is our time to shine. Our time to show the world the world just what we can do."

A few murmurs of agreement sprung up but otherwise everyone was quiet. Poised and waiting.

"We attack tonight."

A loud howl came from the group of half animal, half human creatures before him. He watched with pride as they let themsleves be heard. Let the games begin.