Chapter 8-- Back Home

Chapter 8

It was raining when Joshua and Hollie arrived at New York. Their first stop was at Joshua’s house. They planned to surprise his parents so they just took a cab.

“So nervous.” Hollie remarked as Josh door belled. 

“Relax. You know that they love you so much.” He grinned. They waited for a minute but no one came to open the door.

“That’s what I hate about surprises. Maybe they’re not here.” She said.

“I’ll just get my key.” He replied and grabbed it from his pocket. 

“The lights are off. No one’s home indeed.” He said.

“I told you. Let’s just call them. I will just cook dinner if you want to.” She smiled.

“Yeah, thanks.” He said and gave her a soft kiss.

“WHOOOAAAA!!!” a loud scream was heard and the lights were on and heart balloons were all over.

“Kiss again!!” Heejun shouted.

“Oh my God!!!” Hollie shouted seeing Josh’s parents and hers and the Idol family all were cheering for them and congratulated them. Josh and Hollie embraced their parents as well.

“I can’t believe we were the ones surprised.” Josh said laughing.

“I’m sorry Josh, we can’t help it. The moment you told us, I called Hollie’s parents and your friends.” Josh’s mom said laughing.

“Mom, dad, you mean you already knew it?” Hollie turned to them in astonishment.

“Yes… I understand why you didn’t tell us but again, we’re sorry ‘coz we’re wiser than you.” Hollie’s mom replied.

“We have nothing against it. We’re sure that you will be in good hands.” Hollie’s dad winked.

“Thanks a lot.” She smiled and gave them a hug,

So when is the date?” Josh’s dad asked excitedly.

“We decided to have it January next year.” Josh replied 

“Oh..that’s great. You still have 7 months to prepare for it.” Josh’s mom said.

“Welcome to the family, Hollie.” She said smiling.

“Yey..thanks so much… This is very overwhelming!” she said. She felt like heaven knowing that Josh’s mom likes her a lot.

“Come on. Dinner is ready. Let’s talk about the details later.” Josh’s dad said.

Skylar, Jessica, Erika and Elise gathered around Hollie excitedly demanding for a Paris Getaway Update.

“Guys, let’s just talk soon. You know, I could not talk much about it with Josh around.” She whispered. The ladies giggled.

“We’re really happy for you both. Imagine, you went there without telling us and now you’re back with a diamond ring on your finger!” Skylar said very much thrilled.

“They quarreled but now, united.” Erika said.

“I’m really curious of what happened in Paris…so curious!!!” Elise said with teasing eyes.

“I will just show you my diary.” Hollie laughed.

“Hmmm…I don’t need that ‘coz it’s obvious.” Jessica giggled. “By the way, I want to thank you for helping us. Phillip and I are doing great. I feel good that I opened my heart fully to him.”