-3- The Suicidal Freak's Wall [boyxboy]

Chapter 3

About a week later...

The mirror at the end of the hallway scared me a little when I walked out of my room, still half asleep.

"Oh, whew, it's just my reflection," I murmured to myself and shook my long hair away.

"What?" I turned my head to and fro when I heard my ringtone. Where did I leave my phone last night? Oh yes, the kitchen! I took my personal elevator and sprinted to the kitchen, grabbing my phone just as the call ended.

"No! Who was it?" I clicked on the caller ID. Unknown.

"Man!" I shrugged and threw my phone back on the counter carelessly. Then I thought about Kadence. He has such perfect silky black hair. But such blank eyes. He doesn't feel anyone's love, does he? Not with that wall of his that Daniel told me about. Maybe I should...

I checked the clock. It was around 6:30 a.m. Kadence should be here soon! I hop back in the elevator and get to the top floor to see a newspaper bundle being shoved in. I flung the door open.

Kadence was standing there, clutching his bandages in panic. They were about to fall off. I saunter over to him.

"Hey Kadence," I said, sticking my hands in the pocket of my green sweatshirt. "Do you have anymore stops to go....?" I asked when he didn't say anything, just looked at me.

He is rather shy....I wonder what he was like before his suicidal attempt?

"Well...." He paused. I knew the answer was no but he just wanted to get away from me. "No, I guess not."

"Really?" I was delighted at him having told the truth. "Well, I'm Archer. Archer Thomas." My hand was offered for him to shake. His pale long fingers shook my warm hand gently. He has smooth but skilled hands; I wonder how he keeps him that way?

"Do you want to come in?" I asked lightly. He hesitated again, thinking slowly.

"I..." he started, but stopped as soon as he opened his mouth. "I...sure, okay," he finally said, breathing out a sigh of relief.

Does he have social problems or something? He's shy and he takes forever to answer a question.

Kadence's pov

I glanced at the manga artist wearily. He was so friendly, but his face showed that he knew something about me. Maybe many things. I really didn't want to go in his home, but his facial expression was so hopeful that I gave in.

"Do you want something to eat?" he asked, gesturing for me to make myself comfortable anywhere.

"No, it's o-okay," I mumbled, staring at the floor with my hands clasped together. I jolted out of alarm when Archer brushed his hand through my hair.

"You have such silky hair," he smiled, and walked into the elevator right before the doors shut. I blushed furiously from his large hand's contact. He had large hands, with smooth, long fingers, and perfectly tapered nails as the ends. They swung back and forth when he walked lazily, emphasizing his "coolness." I sighed and shook the perturbing thoughts away. He came back with a bottle of Gatorade.

"You drink that stuff?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He nodded, confused at my odd question.

"Don't you like it?" he replied, his index finger making a circle along the rim of the plastic bottle. I shrugged. Gatorade was popular with most people but I never really enjoyed the drink.

"Oh," he stopped to think for a few moments. "Do you want something else?" I shook my head, implying it was fine.

"How old are you?" he asked, unscrewing the bottle cap and sitting down. "Seventeen," I answered, but I had a feeling he already knew this about me. "I'm....twenty-seven," he picked up his drink and brought it to his lips.