Chapter 4 // Tired

Kara had calmed down, when she was in her room she may had put some things on fire due to her anger, but now all was good. She was calm- sitting in her throne room again while reading some files. A sigh escaped her lips- she was made for field work, not this. But she knew she had to do it otherwise all hell would break loose.

She tapped with her pen on the paper in steady rhythm of nothing in particular. Kara heard footsteps, she looked up and saw a couple figures walking towards her. She frowned when she saw both Alex and Lena with a couple of guards. Kara stood up, enraged. She felt the heat going to her head but she took a deep breath and contained herself a little- that human wasn't ready to see her like that.

Kara looked at Lena and Alex with an expression that would send most people running to the pits of hell. Kara, her heartbeat slowly returning to the steady beat of an enraged Kara, spoke up "Alex," Kara hissed. She didn't look at Alex, since her eyes were fixated on Lena's "What are you doing?!"

When Alex spoke up Kara looked at her "It's fairly easy, I'm doing what's best for you." That took Kara over the edge, she felt the heat in her hair as it set aflame, the blue fire clearly there. But Kara didn't care, no she was walking in a steady pace to a slightly terrified Alex. Kara held out her hand and when she was close enough grabbed Alex' neck and lifted the woman up. Alex looked at her terrified, hastily moving with her legs to break free. Kara knew Alex couldn't die since the demon didn't need air. But- it felt good, seeing her scared. Since all Kara could see was red. 

"Ka-ra..." Alex forced out, it almost sounded like she couldn't breathe "Ple-ase."

Kara let go, making Alex fall to the ground. Kara turned around, walked to her throne, slowly calming down so that her hair wasn't on fire anymore, and sat down. Kara placed her arms on the side of the throne and said "I should have you killed for what you did..." Kara tapped with her fingers on the side of the throne, making a terrible noise that filled the dead silent room. "Talk now or set your fate to stone."

Alex was quick to speak up after those words "I-I-I'm sorry. I just- Kara you need somebody in your life. You might be the Devil but it isn't smart to live like this."

Kara's hand stilled mid movement. She spoke up, her voice as cold as ice "Haven't I been generous enough? I have given her immortality."

Alex gulped and quickly talked again "You have Kara! You have, but you need to take something for yourself for once."

Kara moved her hand up and played with her ring on it. "And what should I take for myself then? Because for I fact: I have everything. Women laid at my feet, slaves who give me great sex. And much- much more."

"Love!" Kara chuckled, it was again quite a cold one. No good emotion was in it.

"Love," Kara scoffed "You know I stopped believing in that a long time ago."

"That's why you need to do this-" Kara glared at Alex, she shouldn't command her. "That's why I advice you to do this," Alex tried. "To defy all the odds. Your father isn't a perfect man so he can't be right about that you can't be loved or feel love-"

Kara stood up and interrupted her, her eyes bright red "You don't speak of that in front of this human!" Kara said the word with so much anger that all in the room flinched. 

"I know, I know. But I have been there for you in all those years. Kara- you should just try it," Alex looked at Lena and said "Has she said anything while we were fighting? Interrupted your sentences?"

"No," Kara looked at Lena "That's because she is scared, look at that sweat on her palms." Lena hastily moved her hands behind her back when Kara said that. 

"And you haven't given her any reason to not be scared. The only thing she had seen is you putting a knife in her back and sending her away to the dungeons."

Kara cocked an eyebrow "And?" She scoffed "Was I too hard on that human?"

Alex walked forward, making Kara look at her again. Kara knew she couldn't do anything, but still her whole body said to be on guard. 

When Alex was at the steps in front of Kara's throne she kneeled. Kara looked at her surprised. Alex was looking at the ground while she said, in hushed tone, "Kara, let me do this for you. See it as my way of giving you the perfect wife. I know Eve still hurts, and I know you have learned from those mistakes. But you have the power to defy your father. Choose for yourself for once. Choose a living person and not a doomed soul as your partner."

Kara stood up and calmly said "Leave," Everybody quickly left the room and when Alex was about to close the door Kara said "Stay Alex." Alex nodded and with that Kara stepped down the steps so she stood on the same level as Alex. She motioned for Alex to come, which the woman hesitantly did. Something which Kara didn't blame her for- she just had hurt her. Said that the woman would be killed. 

When Alex was close enough Kara stepped forward and pulled the woman into a hug, breaking down along the way. She was just tired of everything. And deep down she knew Alex was right, Eve had just been a mistake. She should have searched for a companion, a wife, long ago. And now- now she was doing everything wrong when the opportunity got handed to her. Everything.

A/N For fanfic (other people's stuff)/updates and other stuff (Like voting for a new story) check my Instagram SupercorpMcGrath. I will do other fanfic (Other ships) if asked.