chapter 18

"Carrie why the hell was he still here? What were the two of you doing up here?" Tristen yelled at me.

"Nothing, we fell asleep talking last night, nothing happened," I said getting out of bed.

"Carrie if you need up with a kid because of that... guy...."

"What Tristen? What would you do, huh, you goin' kick me out? Because last time I checked you have no power in this house."

"And do you really think mom and dad will be okay with this."

"Tristen nothing happened, we fell asleep, nothing happened, now get the hell out of my room," I yell getting off the bed, pushing Tristen out the door, slamming in shut, and locking the door.

"Carrie, this is not over," he yelled at my door before stomping away in anger.

I am so sick of them doing that to me, they are not my boss, they can't tell me what to do.

*

"Hey babe, I'm so sorry about this morning, I shouldn't have let myself fall asleep, I should have just left after you fell asleep but you looked so cute and I didn't want to leave, I'm so sorry baby," about an hour after my fight with Tristen I got this text from Bryan.

I told him it was fine and asked if he wanted to meet up, so that's just what we did. Right now we are at a park far away from my house.

"So where do the guys think you are, because we both know they won't let you out with me for a while," Bryan said as he pushed me on the swings.

"In my room..." I said trailing off.

"What?"

"There is this tree right out side my window, so I just left through the window, no big deal," I said with a shrug.

"They are going to kill you... No they are going to kill me, if they find out," He said stopping me.

"No...." I stopped and looked up at him, "okay maybe a little."

"We need to get you home now," he said walking around the swing to stand in front of me.

"No, I don't want to be in the same house as them right now. I want to be here with you," I said standing up and wrapping my arms around his neck, "don't you want to be here with me?"

"You know I do, but I also want to be able to see you again without you sneaking out all the time," he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well I'm already out so might as well spend our time having fun," I said with a smile.

*

We spent all day together going from the movies to a bowling ally to the mall. We had so much fun I didn't want it to end, but Bryan was in enough trouble with his dad as is and I didn't want to get him into any more. So he took me home, I claimed the tree back into my room to find all seven of the Driver boys sitting in my room.

"What are you guys doing in here?" I asked shocked that they had gotten into my room.

"When you didn't answer Toby claimed the tree and unlocked the door to show that you were gone. So where have you been?" Asked Tristen.

"Out," I said walking over to my bed.

"That's not good enough," Tristen said crossing his arms.

"Well it's none of your business so what does it matter?"

"You were out with him weren't you?" He asked glaring at me.

"So what if I was?" I said glaring back at him.

"You know what I'm done, I'm in charge until mom and dad get back, so you are grounded," he said as he started to leave my room.

"You can't do that," I yelled after him,"you're not my dad."

"No I'm not, but right now I'm trying to make sure nothing happens to you. So sorry for caring, but that changes nothing you are grounded and I don't want to hear another word about it."

With that he left and everyone but Tucker followed.

"I'm sorry Carrie," he said in a small voice.

"This is so stupid, he can't do that," I said as I started to walk around my room, it was starting to feel very small.

"He can ground me, and you're now part of this family so I guess in a way he can. And I that doesn't help anything but this might. I'll cover for you."

I stopped walking and looked down at the young boy in my room, "what do you mean?"

"I mean if you want to hang out with him I'll cover for you, I've been doing it for my brothers for years now. I'm really good at it," he said with a smile.

"Thanks Tucky but I don't want to take you down with me."

"Okay, just think about it," he said walking out of my room and closing the door.

Well this day did not go as well as I was hoping for.