chapter 21

No one come to check on me until the morning, which I was thankful for. It was a little after ten in the morning when someone knocked on my door. "Who is it?" I asked not wanting to see Toby right now.

"Tristen," he said in an even tone. Confused as to why he was at my door I got up from my bed and opened the door to see him standing on the other side.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked not moving from his spot outside my door.

"Um, yeah, come in," I said closing the door after he entered my room, "so, what's up?"

"I've been thinking. Maybe it was a little harsh of me to ground you without listening to your side of the story. I'm sorry for that. I have also made up my mind that you are ungrounded ..."

"Really?" I asked cutting off what he was saying.

Nodding he said "but there are a few rules, you need to tell someone where you are going, you need to be home before eleven, if you are staying out late you have to make sure it is okay with me first, and that boyfriend of yours is not allowed upstairs at all, got it?"

I sighed, he was acting like such a parent but at least I wasn't grounded anymore, "got it".

"Good," he said with a smile, "I am really sorry." With that he turned and left the room.

The moment I was sure he was far enough that he would not hear me I called Bryan. He picked up after the third ring saying "hey babe what's up?"

"Guess who just got ungrounded?" I said hoping onto my bed.

"No way, you are ungrounded?" I could hear the shock in his voice; to by honest I was shocked myself.

"Yes I am, so I was calling to see if you wanted to do something today," I said switching my phone from my left ear to my right.

"Well I was going to hang out with some of my friends from school but you are more than welcome to join us."

"That sounds great," I did not know a lot of people here so it would be nice to meet some new people.

"Okay I'll pick you up in a hour, okay?"

"Sounds great."

"Okay I'll see you soon babe."

"Okay bye," with that I ended the call and got up to take a shower.

*

Bryan had just texted me that he was outside, so I was pulling on my shoes so I could leave. Walking out of my room I almost ran right into Tre.

"Whoa," he said taking a step back, "where are you heading off to?"

"Oh I'm going to go meet some of Bryan's friends."

"I can't believe that Tristen actually ungrounded you, I figured you would be grounded until mom and dad got back from that trip. But I won't hold you up  any longer, go have fun, just not too much fun," he said laughing as he walked around me.

I smiled and hurried down the stairs and out the front. My smile got bigger once I saw Bryan's car in front of the house.

"Hey babe," he said as I got into the car.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

*

"Carrie, this is John, Steve, Nicole and Addie. Everyone this is my girlfriend Carrie," Bryan said once we found his friends in the food court of the mall.