You can't fix the unfixable.

Damon's POV.

        I sat leisurely up on my branch, perched as a crow. Satisfied knowing that the little red headed girl wasn't human, I had nothing more to do today then to feed and I had already had a nice fill of that. It was dusk and all the humans scurried away to different houses. Still yet the little red girl refused to leave my brain. If she wasn't human then what was she? "Caw!" I complained loudly at some humans who were walking on the street below me. I was currently in the next town over of Mystic Falls, far away from  Bonnie, the girl who could... do something

       "Shut up ya stupid bird!" One of the males below shouted. He wore a football jersey with the number eight on the back. His hair was spiked on the ends and all I wanted to do was grab hold of those spikes and slam his head into a tree. Three of his friends surrounded him. Two blond girls and a boy with darker hair that looked younger than the rest.

I sailed down easily and pecked rapidly at the boy's head until  he was cowering on the ground and his friends were frantically trying to beat me away with purses or bags. When I soared up again I happily saw that I had drawn a large amount of blood. A true leach. I thought to myself smugly. I soared back into the direction of Mystic Falls. Curiosity killed the cat... or in this case the crow. I lazily thought through all the supernatural beings that I knew roamed this dimension. There wern't many things that I had seen do that. She had to be a powerful witch, one that wouldn't be bad to have on my side in a battle. 

       I just hit the outskirts of Mystic Falls when the smell hit me back. Blood. A lot of blood. The entire town reeked faintly of it. The wind was blowing quickly now. If I were a human I would have noticed how cold it was. But the wind was only an inconvenience because it was going the opposite direction that I was flying. I swooped down into an ally way and turned back into myself. I stepped forward, towards the strongest part of the smell. There was something almost familiar to it and it made me think of strawberries.

       My feet shifted on the ground as I got used to using my legs again. The first place I thought to look was at the boarding house where my little brother had settled. The thought that he could have gone off the deep end and slaughtered the town made me smile. Stupid little brother, always getting into trouble.

       Then I found my feet taking me back to the school. That was odd. There wasn't even any people to snack on there at this hour. And yet, I still found my feet taking me in that direction, a curiosity driven by some unknown force that wanted me to go there. 

    When I reached the plain, brick building, I found nothing. Irritatedly, I sent my senses out, along with a flick of power. Instantly I found what drew me here. It wasn't just blood, It was a vampire, a new one. I frowned, my black shoes making no noise as I started towards the source.

    "And all was right with Benny again." Someone was saying, blood dripped down the front of his chin. "She gave him no more problems."

    "Is that so?" I shot back at him, resting myself against the tree closest to me. As a vampire, I wasn't very fond of trees. "You're messing with my town," I said flatly, taking a step towards him in warning. I didn't even bother to look at the white heap on the ground by his feet. There was no bringing something that was that dead back. But there was no need to cry over spilt blood, even if it was mine to spill.

"What are you doing here?" he snarled, standing almost protectively over his kill. 

  "I was about to ask you-"

"Who are you?" he cut in. I frowned at being interrupted and narrowed my eyes. 

"I ought to rip your tongue out boy , just for having  the gall to speak to me." I ran and pinned him against the nearest tree. He had the advantage of just drinking god only knows how much blood but I was way to stubborn to let him win. There was no way I was going to lose to a baby of a fighter.