Entry 3

10/02/19

I drank quite a bit of rum in the night. I think my liver was about to cut itself out of my abdomen and take a hike. My head was pounding when I woke up. I ate some funky looking mushrooms for dinner. Never, ever trust monkeys trying to get high. It didn't help that I couldn't sleep because I thought those monkeys were going to steal my alcohol stash.

I got lost again and couldn't see the lighthouse anymore. The trees have gotten taller and the animals much bigger. I hoped they wouldn't eat me. They'll just get drunk. Maybe I could projectile vomit on them and run. Everything looked woozy and I anyway wanted to throw up.

I could smell something sweet. I wished it was something good. I followed the smell and found a weird, mango-like fruit. It grew on a humongous tree, whose top I couldn't see. The fruit itself was a dull purple colour with pink stripes. They were the size of my pinky. I took a bite. They were sweet and extremely juicy. One bite and it just flooded my mouth with flavour. The purple nectar dripped down my chin as I kept eating it. I just couldn't stop!

Suddenly, I felt goosebumps race up and down my arm. Due to my indulgence, I failed to notice a predatory cat stalking me, ready to pounce. I saw it just in time and quickly scrambled up the tree just as it leapt on me.

Thankfully, it didn't seem to be able to climb trees. I decided to wait it out.
I watched it pace below, growling at me, its missed meal. I will be able to survive on this tree for sometime, but I hope it will leave soon.