Entry 1

06/02/19

I've been on this lonely and deserted island for a few days now. I survived a storm and so did my study material. The only thing that tells me this island was once inhabited, is the enormous lighthouse  on the shore. and the letters I found inside. I've decided to keep a loose-leaf diary to record my days here. 

I had to carry some heavy chests I found on the seashore into the lighthouse. They contained many essentials that haven't spoiled due to the typhoon. Parchment, quills, and ink along with preserved food, warm clothes, and blankets. I can put the food in the tiny pantry.

I haven't spotted my ship at all nor any other ship yet. The lighthouse's lamp was still functioning. I added some oil i found and sent SOS signals with it, but to no avail. The rest of the time I kept an eye out for any ships or storms. I entertain myself by reading the letters. One of the writers lost his monkey in a typhoon. Hopefully he found her.

The day was otherwise peaceful after the storm. The sky and ocean looked as if they were freshly washed, both the colour of forget-me-nots with pure, white feathery clouds. I drank some rum I had with my meals. I spent some time lazily walking on the beach, listening to the little waves hitting the sand.

I don't think my Captain is going to retrieve me anytime soon. It will probably be a good idea if i mapped the island. One of the letters consisted of an incomplete map. I will finish it and explore the island at the same time. I'll use the lighthouse as a vantage point as it is the biggest, most stable structure I have found on the island.

At night, I lit a bonfire to sleep outside. The sky was clear and filled with stars. I hummed a tune as I stared at the constellations. I seem to be somewhere in the southern oceans, if I am not wrong. I started to drift to sleep and had dreams of swimming amongst the sea of stars.