Baby

Chapter 7:

*3rd Person*

After that little accident at the library, Hayato suddenly changed. He would accompany Ryuuichi to his classes even if he'll be late for his own class. And it is bad news, I tell you. Hayato won't let anyone come near Ryuuichi. It's either he's going to say something rude or forcibly drag the smaller boy with him.

'That possessive prick!' Ryuuichi thought bitterly. Now he lost his chance to mingle with his peers in school. He doubt he could even get a girl or a guy to go out with him. He will turn into a loner with Hayato hanging around him.

Unless Hayato stops scaring everybody around him. It gets worse and worse everyday. Even the guys in their school won't even talk to him.

Ryuuichi will never get his first kiss with the giant beside him who scares every student; guy or girl away from him. He swore that he will and can kiss anyone but him even if he is the last person on Earth.

Have you ever kissed someone before? Like kiss on the lips? You know when two lips collide against each other and then the tongue slips inside the other's mouth. Ah, gross. It is something special that one should do with their loved ones.

Someone special...

"Ryuu...?"

No. Tug. Tug.

"Ryuu..."

Please stop. Dear heart, please calm down.

"Ryuu~"

Oh goodness no.

"Ryuu~!"

"Yes, Kamitani-kun?"

If I give my attention to you, will you stop calling for me like that?

"Ryuu, let's eat lunch together."

NO.

What's with him asking me to have lunch with him? That is unlike of him but then my heart is too loud.

Ryuuichi refuse to go with him!

"Um, sure."

Why did I just agree to that? I made a contract with the devil, the moment that I followed him here. I should have said something else. Playing this kind of game with Hayato is mentally draining me, not to mention, it's also bad for my racing heart. My heart thunps loudly and my chest can't contain the loud heart beats.

**🦆**

Four hours ago after the class ended for the day, Ryuuichi and Hayato walked to the train station. The walk was silent and awkward. No words were spoken from their mouth, not a spark of conversation.

As they reach and turn to a block, Ryuuichi's stomach rumbled loudly. He could feel the surge of heat rise up to my cheeks. Hayato must have heard it but when Ryuuichi looked at his stoic face, there was not a single twitch or movement in his facial muscles.

"Ryuuichi, let's stop by the café at the station."

"N-no! I-it's okay. I... I'm not hungry at all." Ryuuichi denied despite the protest of his empty stomach.

The baseball player clicked his tongue at Ryuuichi, "I'm going to buy a cake before I go home."

Ryuuichi was kinda relieved but at the same time disappointed. He doesn't understand his feelings. Hayato is going to give someone a cake. She must be someone important to him. Maybe he got a girlfriend or something, he is a famous baseball player in their school, after all.

It saddened the smaller boy, it is bound to happen soon anyway but his heart is hammering, protesting loudly in his chest. Hayato will find someone that can make him happy and contented.

"W-who is i-it for?"

Hayato hummed in response to the boy's question. "It's for my baby."

Ryuuichi's heart ached and his eyes began to swell when he heard this.

They went inside the Toriko's Sweets and Café. It wasn't fully packed today. They could see a few people drinking and enjoying the warm coffee and sweet treats. The café has a vibrant and warm aura that welcomes the customers.

As they trudged inside the café, a cashi- no a kid. A kid maybe an elementary kid greeted them in the cashier.

"Staring is rude, you know."

"How old are you? Are you legal? Is this even legal?"

The cashier sighed heavily and glared at the baseball player. "Excuse me, asking a lady's age is rude. Didn't your mother tell you that?"

"Don't call yourself a lady. You don't even look like one," Hayato shot back at the cashier.

Ryuuichi sensed a heavy aura clouding between Hayato and the cashier. "I'm sorry, Miss. My friend didn't mean to be rude."

Hayato walked away from the cashier, inspecting the displayed cakes in the cafe.

"Whatever, just pay. It seems like your boyfriend is having a bad day."

Ryuuichi blushed furiously, "What you must be mistaken he's n-not my b-boyfriend."

The tall boy came back and wrapped an arm around the smaller boy's shoulder which made his insides squirmed a little. "Are you bullying, my baby?"

The kid cashier raised an eyebrow, "Why would I bully your baby?" She asked knowingly at the smaller boy, "Not your boyfriend, eh?"

"Ah, this is a freebie from lover's cheesecake special!" The cashier said holding out a couple keychain.

Ryuuichi's face was red like a tomato as they exited the shop. He could feel his pores heating up because his face is sweating fervently. He walked home with a redden face which made a few people glanced a few looks at them.

The tall boy obnoxiously asks the smaller boy, "Why is your face red? Are you sick?"

Ryuuichi shooked his head at the curious boy. "My stop is here, Hayato-kun."

Hayato was occupied with asking Ryuuichi that he didn't notice that they were already in front of the Chairwoman's mansion.

"Thank you, Hayato-kun."

Ryuuichi was about to turn his back and leave but Hayato stopped him. "Here, eat this. I know you're hungry, baby."

"D-don't call me that!"

Ryuuichi blushed furiously with the nickname given to him by Hayato. "Goodbye and see you tomorrow, baby."

***
Get me some more sugar