Home

Chapter 6:

*Ryuuichi's PoV*

The room wasn't that hot but for some reason the whole room felt like it is on fire. Sweat dripped from the pores of my skin and my uniform is starting to dampen. This room is obviously poorly ventilated and the books stacked here has already accumulated layers of dust. Some books were already damaged even though they look new.

'The librarian is not doing her job well', I thought to myself.

Despite the humid atmosphere, Hayato hasn't let go of me yet. I am still encased in his comforting and reassuring hug. I haven't felt this kind of intimacy from anyone other than my parents when I was young. No one has been this close to me except my family and Hayato.

"Hayato..." I squirmed trying to free myself from his embrace.

Hayato ignored my attempt of breaking free from his hug. He quietly shush'ed me then pulled me closer to his chest. The feeling is quite nostalgic. I snuggled closer to his chest and listened to his heart.

thump thump

thump thunp

thump thump

I felt myself blush a little. I can hear Hayato's heart beat faster when I leaned in my ears further. It's been years but he is still wearing the same scent that I bought for him before we...

Nevermind

I ignored my thoughts and focus on his heartbeat. My head became hazy and my eyes are getting heavier as time passes by. I unconsciously drifted into a deep sleep.

I sprang up from the bed. Wait, what? Bed? I looked at my surroundings. I'm at the school's infirmary but Hayato is nowhere to be found.

The school nurse entered right when I was about to look for her. "Oh dear, how are you feeling? Your friend brought you here when you passed out."

Friend? Which friend? I'm a new student here in school. It must be Hayato I mean who else would it be. He was with me when he...

I felt my blood rushed to my face. It was embarrassing. I'm not a girl or someone that he likes. Why the sudden change in treatment?

I snapped out of my train of thoughts after I heard the nurse cleared her throat. "Stay here for awhile and don't go yet. I will ask your friend to accompany you home, okay? Also get some plenty rest when you reach home."

"Thank you..." I whispered quietly enough for her to hear my gratitude.

The nurse chuckled, "Such a sweet child. You remind me of my little sister. Rest for a bit there." She ruffled my hair and left the room with only her heels clanking on the hard tiles.

Not long after, Hayato came to the infirmary to fetch me. It was awkward because of the little drama and that little intimacy we shared. It was good but I hope there won't be anymore in the future. We took the shortest route to the club.

Upon reaching the babysitting club, Hayato block the way to the entrance. He stood there firmly then let out a long sigh.

What is wrong with him?

"You won't avoid me, right? You promised."

I suddenly felt embarrassed and that my cheeks are flushed red right now. All the scenes that happened earlier played naturally in my head.

"Don't run away from me, okay?"

"Promise me, Ryuu."

"Ryuu, promise me.."

"I'm tired," I spoke out loud to Hayato. Before he could react, Mr. Usaida opened the door and I rushed inside the club and pretended to be busy. All the kids are still here except for the twins. Mrs. Mamizuka must have left earlier today.

"Mrs. Mamizuka came by earlier and took the twins with her. She said something came up and dinner."

They're having a family dinner.

Taka wailed loudly as Hayato forcibly trying to drag him out of the daycare room. "NOOOO TAKA WILL NOT GO!"
.
Mr. Usaida gave a long sigh, "It's always like this."

Of course, Mr. Usaida has been taking care of the kids back then. Alone. It is a club but it seems like no one is interested in things like this. Maybe this will be my highschool life from now on.

My thoughts were cut off with Taka's tantrums. I gently approached the rowdy pair of siblings.Taka had his toy sword pointing at Hayato with a cute frown painted acrss his face.

"Taka, you need to go home now. Your mama will be worried."

Taka slowly put his sword down and exclaimed, "But Taka still wants to play with Ryuuni!"

Hayato sighed heavily and massaged his temples.

"Haa... Your Ryuu-nichan is not feeling well earlier so he needs to rest."

The kids gasped at the sudden revelation of ny health problem. I don't want to worry them about me. Even Mr. Usaida has a worried expression now.

Taka approached me, "Ok, Taka will go now so Ryuuni can rest."

"You should go home now, Ryuu. Don't worry about the kids. I will stay with them." Mr. Usaida added.

Then I saw Taka and the other kids cleaning up their toys and putting everything away. What?

Kirin put all her tea set carefully in a box. Taka helped Kotarou put away all the building blocks and robot toys on top of shelf. Mirin with the help of Mr. Usaida, they put the stuffies in a corner.

"We're going to be okay so you and Kotarou should go home."

I sighed in defeat then smiled, "Okay."

Kotarou grabbed his little backpack and holding unto it tightly. I chuckled a bit.

"Kotarou, I can carry your backpack if you want. I'll be fine, I promise."

My little brother let out a small huff and continued to stroll the path with me. His tiny hands grabbed the pinky of my finger giving me a sense of relief. We walked our way towards Obāchan and Mr. Saikawa. They were waiting in front of the school.

"Don't stress yourself out, brat." The Chairwoman said in a concerning tone. She is a very nice, old lady after all. She is like our own grandmother.

During the ride home, I feel myself getting tired from all the stress and fatigue from everything that happened today. Kotarou and I have a home that we can call our own now.

•~~•~~•~~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~~•
Author's note:

And tada also sorry for the late update. Class has started so I may have to delay my updates for this one.

Love y'all and get vaccinated alright