It never happened, agree?

When I was sure they were both gone, i woke my brother with one firm shake. He sat up and tensed but when he saw me he calmed down again, and tensed up again. 'Sherlock! Are you alright?' he asked.

I am fine now, Mycroft. And apparently i have you to thank for. 'Well if it hadn't been for me you would still have been in your chair and dead.' Yes, but nothing mad you stay here, the entire time. In such an uncomfortable chair.' I smirked.

'Sherlock.' he said, suddenly sounding very serious. 'I know you might not believe me. I didn't act properly through these years and i should have been there for you. But i am you big brother. And i do care for you. Every day i worry about you. I really do love you as a brother. And i promise i'll always be there to protect you.

I was astonished. I knew he cared. I cared too. But i never thought he might have cared this much. He had ignored me ever since he had left for university.

He took the picture on the cabinet next to him. 'When i came into your flat. I was horrified. I had never been so scared my entire life. i brought you down and got you into the ambulance. When they left with you, i saw the picture on the ground. You must have dropped it and i took the liberty to take it with me.

Mycroft, it is not what it seems. The killer made...' I started. 'Don't Sherlock. I know. I knew from the first time i saw you together. You love him. And that's okay.' 'NO IT'S NOT MYCROFT!!' i jelled. ' He loves Mary, not me. I shouldn't hold on to dreams like that.' 'Sherlock, do you remember what father always says? Never stop hoping. It's alright to hope John might care for you the way you care for him, as long as you don't drive him and Mary apart, you are allowed to love him.

I nodded. Mycroft? 'Yes Sherlock.' 'Could you do me a favor? Could you not tell John about this. No wait don't interrupt. Don't tell him about this talk or about the murder attempt will you? It was his wedding day. I know John, he'll blame himself for not noticing. I don't want that.

'Okay, i understand. I won't tell. Whey don't you sleep for a little longer, you aren't fully rested. You'll be released in about 5 hours. I'll take you home and we will figure out what to tell the rest.'

With a smile i layed back down and fell asleep. Unaware that my brother put the picture under my arm as he left the room to make sure no one spoke of this to anyone.

PS: I don't own anything but the things that aren't in Sherlock. All the rest is owned by BBC, Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat and the rest of their crew.