Chapter 1: Bye Dallas.

UNEDITED.
Chapter 1: Bye Dallas.

"Have fun in England. I'm going to miss you like crazy!"

I look back as my friend's face starts to well up, I couldn't help but feel mine do the same. She was the only friend I had here in Dallas and now I have to say goodbye. I'm moving to England and school starts in 3 days! Seeing as Maria was the only friend I ever had in Dallas - it feels like it's going to be almost impossible to make friends at my school in England.

I've lived in Dallas all my life, it's my home and the only place I know. I know where the local supermarkets are, the postman's name and my neighbours are close friends, I'm now moving to a country where I couldn't name more than 2 cities!

My family and friends live in America, whether or not my brother lives anywhere near my father and I is unknown, I never see him, but we know he's still in the same country as me and that makes me feel protected. The feeling of being away from Maria and my father is painful enough when I stay with my grandma over the summer in California, let alone accross the Atlantic!

My father and I were never close. He lived in his office and I lived in my room or at Maria's house. There's a story to why my mother isn't with me but it's hard to tell, Maria doesn't even know and I guess my father hates to talk about it. When people at family events said sorry and gave us empathy my father would snap. The sound of him exiting the room is much a familiar sound to my ears. I've prayed a million and one times nobody would repeat their sympathy but their just being kind.

My mother and father brought me and my brother up in Montgomery but after my mother passed a lot happened. My fathers job is risky and for the boss to be out of place and grieving a lot is hard for a gang to stay grounded. I'd try to calm him down some days but he would break windows and cracks where left in walls. He loved my mother more than anything in the whole world, family was his second life, he could escape the dangers of work and relax with the people he loved. Of course that all changed when he began spending hours at work and he decided there was nothing worth coming home for. He got embraced in drugs and violence, my brother tried endlessly to make him stop and my father grew angry...

All it took was a flick of his wrist and my brother was told he had to move as far away as possible. The Mafia is important to my father and nothing was going to change the way he felt about his job, not even his son. I tried to tell him that he should let my brother stay and that he was just trying to help but anyone that interferes "has to be silenced"! I guess my brother was let off easy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The plane lands and my cheeks start to shiver sending weird vibes all across my body. I quickly shake them off and glance out the window to see the long line of planes waiting to depart. I saw to the left a plane leaving for America and I wish I was on board, ready to go home. A nudge from the women sat next to me reminds me we can leave so I slowly take my bag off the over head cabinet as if the slower I go the closer I still am to Dallas!

I feel my body tightly pressed between the other passengers as we wait to leave the plane, waiting to enter my new home. One child looks me in the face and shares a smile, I can't help but giggle back. That child sharing a smile makes me feel at home, like I can trust others and reassured me making new friends won't be too hard.

"Redfarm, Bonnie. Bonnie Redfarm?"

"Yes sir, may I help" I share a firm look with the tall dark haired man before he chuckles and tells me he's here to take me to my new school. I feel my cheeks blush and bend my head forward so he can't see my embarrassment.

"So, where are you here from miss?" The driver quicky glances in the wind mirror to see my reaction.

"I'm from Dallas." I whisper because I almost don't feel safe telling him. Before I give him time to reply I shoot back, "My father wanted the best education for me and thought best of The Graybridge School. Oh, sorry that is where we are going?" Oh no Bonnie what did you just do? You sound like a posh twat! Quickly say something to cover it up...

"Certainly miss, it should only be around the corner now." Oh darn, he definitely felt the rudeness vibe.

My mother is where I got my inner 'posh wanker', it comes out on occasions where I feel uncomfortable or shy. I guess it's what just happened! I try my hardest all the time to keep it in and not let myself squirm around being so posh, but whenever I realise it's happening I get a hot Ray glow beneath my skin reminding me of my mothers words. 'Never let anyone bring out a different side of you, that you are not.' I guess that's what's going to keep me going through this boarding school.

"Alright miss, we are here. Have a nice time." The driving says in such a bold voice. He just finished heaving all my luggage onto the concrete floor and I feel so thankful, heaven knows how much my suitcases weigh!

"Thank you ever so much! How much do I owe you?" I reach into my pocket revealing my brand new Prada perse and I'm almost excited to make use of it.

"Zero miss. Your father has already taken care of it." I feel a little disappointed not being able to use my perse, so I pull out a five pound note and give it to him anyway. It always feels good doing a good deed.  Just as he pulls away from the drive way a beautiful tall lady approaches me with the widest smile my eyes have ever seen pinned to her face.

"Hello there! I'm Mrs Goodholm, and you must be Miss Redfarm?" Wow she has a nice voice, it's just so smooth. She walking with a stride.

"Yes that's me, it's nice to meet you too." I can hardly get the words out I'm so tired. I've been in the plane all night and with the time difference it only just night time now! I feel like I really should be getting the extra sleep and it looks the same for Mrs Goodholm, who later tells me she's the head teacher here. It is a mixed boarding school, with around 150 students a year. She said it was an honor to have me (I'm an A+ student, or I guess A* now!) it's probably why I had just about no friends at my school in Dallas, that or the fact I spend pretty much all day everyday at dance classes.

Mrs Goldholm tells me there a dance class here too, but only one other person goes! She said I would be a pleasure to have there. After the little chat we shared in her office, she shows me to my dorm and tells me school starts in 3 days and that I can meet everyone tomorrow.