Chapter 2

"Excited?" He asked as the engine roared to life

***********

Sebastian was packing the last of the luggage into the boot of their enormous, jet-black Range Rover as Maeve sat watching in the back seat. She peered over at Jim who was seated infront of her tapping impatiently on the ledge of the window, and she asked,

"Where are we staying in London?"

"A private mansion out of the way in a disclosed location."

"Does it have a swimming pool?"

Jim smirked at her innocent, young mind which asked such questions. He turned around in his seat so he was facing her through the gap between the chairs.

"Especially for you my dear." Maeve smiled at this.

"Do you know what? I won the place in a gamble between one of Britain's most deadly assassins. Dreadful woman."

"-Actually Jim, you lost and got so angry that I had to bloody kill the woman and take the mansion from her!" Sebastian interjected loudly as he slid into the driver's seat, staring at his husband.

"Sebastian!" He seethed.

"What?"

"I'm trying to make an impression here!" Jim gestured.

Then out came a burst of giggles from the back of the car and the pair turned around to see their daughter in hysterics, seemingly to have forgotten she was there.

"Your father's a bit of an eejit, isn't he Maeve?" Sebastian questioned jokingly. He then started to laugh himself as Jim stared daggers at the pair, causing them to come to an abrupt stop.

"The more time you waste laughing, the less time we have to get to the airport." Jim growled.

"Sorry Boss."

"Sorry Dad."

The sniper and the child chimed.

Secretly, Sebastian always wondered why Jim was never up for a small joke, he was only trying to lighten the mood for Maeve. He didn't want her to become as stale as his husband.

Dismissing this, Sebastian shoved the keys into the ignition.

"Excited?" He asked as the engine roared to life.

"Very." Maeve grinned as they swerved out of the driveway.

*******

It was a long and strenuous journey from the West Coast of Ireland to London. After their flight in a private jet, landing in Heathrow, the three got into their electric-blue Mercedes and rode the last few miles to London (although Sebastian pondered why they couldn't just land at the mansion but Jim insisted they took the car).