Prologue

'What should we do with it?'

Jim Moriarty and his trusty tiger, Sebastian Moran, were out on the job to kill two traitors to the Network.

These two traitors were known as Paul and Evelyn O'Connor, a married couple who entered the Network after they fell into some financial issues.

They fed some crucial information to a man know as Mycroft Holmes, aka The British Government. This meant that they needed to be indisposed immediately.

The Spider and his Tiger broke into their cottage in the midst of a bitter Irish evening with only one intent: to kill.

The couple already knew what was to come so they did the only thing they could; protect their newly-born child.

The mother stuffed her child into a bundle of blankets and left her in the cupboard under the stairs, hoping that when their bodies were found, the girl would be safe.

Sebastian Moran kicked down the oak door and ran into the house, gun at the ready, Moriarty skipping behind.

There was Evelyn and Paul sat together on the couch, shutting their eyes and bracing themselves for the bullet to come.

Moriarty didn't even bother to speak as he was only there for the execution. Without hesitation, Sebastian fired into the couple's heads and watched as their bodies slumped forwards, crimson starting to pool at their feet.

They turned their backs, shining heels poised for the door when they were interrupted by a loud wailing. Unbeknown to the pair, the couple they had just murdered had a child, a baby girl.

Jim straightened up and sighed at the Sniper.

"You didn't tell me they have a child, Sebastian."

"Must have had it in the past few weeks." Sebastian considered.

"Find it." Jim instructed and Sebastian slung his gun over his back, following the cries of the child.

He stopped in his tracks at the foot of the stairs, manoeuvring around to spot the small cupboard; the crying was coming from there.

Slowly, he pressed down on the cupboard handle and pulled on the light switch to reveal a bundle of sheets and a blonde tuft of hair poking out the top.

Sebastian carefully took the bundle in his arms and made his way back to where Jim was waiting.

"What should we do with it?" He asked.

Jim pondered his Sniper's question for a moment before saying,

"We bring it with us."

"Why? What are we going to do with a kid?"

"Oh, many things, think about it Tiger."

"But what about-"

"I'll take it from here Sebastian."

Jim took the child from his arms and cradled it in his own. He cracked a smile at the thing and whispered,

"You're going to be very useful to us little one, very useful indeed."