James Forever

The bell rang to release us all from the stress that is school. Was I really about to show James Endless? It felt like he had been staring at me during the entire day. Could you actually bring someone to Endless? I guess I never thought that through. It's not like he'd die or something, I supposed. First, of course, was the daily Emily visit.

"Hey, Kaileigh! I like your necklace!" She said as she took her seat.

"Oh... really?" I was in shock.

"Yeah! So much I could take it!" She ripped the seashells off of my neck and began to throw them around. I screamed as they played hot potato with my mother's gift, and my Endless key. Tears began running down my face, and the Endless key began to glow slightly.

"Okay, that's enough." Emily grabbed the key and threw it back in my lap. "It's not actually that cool, or whatever." The rest of the ride was oddly quiet, and soon enough, James was at my house. What was I doing this for again?

"Okay, James, bear with me on this." I took the necklace in one hand and James' hand in the other.

"Oh, uh, I don't..." I stopped him.

"Shut up, James. Take us to Endless!" The yellow light enveloped us both, and soon, I was on the landing platform... but without James. Did I kill him!? As I pondered my alibi, a red streak began falling from the sky. It hit several trees on the mountain, which lit up in succession, triggering a set of lights on the hill which read 'TILT'. Then, the streak slammed into the landing pad, revealing James.

"What!? Hello!?" He was freaking out, clearly.

"Hey, chill." I knelt down next to him. "This is Endless."

"What am I wearing?" He asked.

"Your Endless outfit!" it appeared to be a sports jumpsuit of some sort, except...

"Why am I wearing a skirt!?" He screamed. I just raised my hands up, I only had about two days more experience with this place.

"Hello, Little J! Kaileigh!" Someone I didn't recognize was coming. A small yellow flying squid.

"Little J?" James asked.

"Yeah, it says so on the back of your shirt!"

"Hey, we haven't met. Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Flaps! And I make weapons!" The squid flutters through the air.

"Ooh! Make me a weapon!" James says.

"I don't know, most people can't handle my weapons..." Flaps said nervously.

"Do it!"

Flaps then vomited up a sword at high speed, which disintegrated when James touched it.

"Oh, so it's like a Thor's hammer sort of thing," I observed. "So which Islander can use your weapons? Is it Doctor Champion?"

"No, silly- my creator, Seventeen!" Flaps says. Ugh, Seventeen again.

"Wait, Seventeen... made you?" I ask.

"Yeah, she buried me in the ground and I came to life!"

"I'm sorry, what?" James said. Seventeen could create life here!? Who was this girl, and where was she?

"Well, I have to try, right?" I asked no one in particular. "Hit me, Flaps!" The creature spat another sword. I caught it.

"Wait, I caught it?" I looked at the sword, gold blade with a white, green, and pink hilt. "I'm the chosen one! Seventeen's color scheme is tacky, though."