✩₄

CHAPTER FOUR
❛ wild, wild, pussycats ❜

"OH, THANK GOD we're out of that bus, my neck is so freaking cramped... " You groaned in pain, rubbing your sore neck as you exited the coach bus. Bakugo, who had exited before you, made sure to keep a good amount of distance between the two of you. He stood alone as he stared at the mountain view, his school bag slung lazily over his shoulder.

"Where's Class 1-B?" Denki questioned. The students of 1-A began chatting amongst themselves, eager for what was to come.

"I have to pee, sir!" Mineta exclaimed, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

"So," Uraraka began as she emerged from the crowd of students, her eyebrows raised with curiosity as she stared back at you. "Is it true; you're partnered with Bakugo?"

"Hah," You laughed, "Lucky me, right? That was our punishment for how we acted during the exam." She frowned, patting your back with a look of pity.

Suddenly, a black car pulled up in front of your class, stopping in front of the coach bus you had all gathered around. As the door opened, it revealed two colorfully-dressed heroes, which took you by complete surprise. No, way ...

"Students, these are the heroes you'll be working with throughout your time at the training camp." Those colorful outfits, those cat ears... You beamed at the sight, staring at two members from the Wild, Wild Pussycats. When you were younger, you were absolutely obsessed with them. You swore you'd become a cat-hero yourself one day. You weren't alone in your fan-girling— Izuku stood a few feet away, admiring the iconic pro-heroes. Beside them stood a young boy, who very clearly wasn't interested in before there. You weren't sure who he was, but you had to admit; he was adorable.

"Nice to meet you, everybody! I hope you're ready to begin your time at training camp! We own all of this land, as you can see!" Mandalay gestured her paw toward the beautiful stretch of land before you. You had to admit, it was quite the view. "Actually, the camp you'll be staying at is located just over there!"

"Huh," Sero blinked, confused. "It's over there? Then, why are we over here instead? That's super far away..." Kirishima scratched his head in thought, wondering the exact same thing.

"Hey, let's hop back on the bus..." Denki began, heading back toward the vehicle. Everyone knew where this was going, and the ginger-haired boy was quick to try and escape. Pixie-Bob rushed to block him, an amused smirk growing on her face.

"Uh-uh, I don't think so!" She chuckled at his flimsy attempt at escaping. Slamming her paw against the ground, a bright light emerged from it. The concrete ripped apart from below, and dust overcame your vision. The class of 1-A screamed as they tumbled down the short cliff nearby, everyone landing roughly at the bottom. You tiredly pushed yourself up, dusting off your uniform in annoyance.

"Seriously..." You muttered to yourself. This isn't what you expected to deal with after being stuck on a coach bus for who knows how long.

"Hey, good news!" Mandalay shouted, peering over the cliff edge and staring down at your class. "Since this is private land, you'll be able to use your quirks whenever, and however you please! You've got three full hours to make it to the facility! Hopefully you'll be able to make it through the Beasts forest!"

"Move it!" Mineta shouted, pushing through a few students. He ran into the forest, attempting to find a secluded spot to relieve himself. It was quiet, until a loud scream rang from the forest. You sighed. I already want to go home..

☆彡

EMERGING THROUGH THE forest— almost five hours later, was the students of class 1-A. Their uniforms were disheveled, and their energy was lacking. Nobody had expected training camp to start off this brutal.

"... We made it!" You exclaimed through rapid, short breaths, falling to your knees in an attempt to catch your breath. You could still feel the toll that the practical exam had on you. Luckily, you didn't push yourself too hard this time. You lagged behind, preferring your classmates to take the lead.

"You said it would only be, like, three hours!" Jiro cried, leaning against Mina for support. "That was at least five!" The pink-haired girl let out a groan of pain from the weight of her friend. Everyone was due for a rest.

"Wow, you all did much better than expected! We just based the time on how long it would take for us to complete this, my apologies!" Pixie-Bob giggled. "I've got to say, I've got my eye on a few of you kittens! I'm so very excited!" Aizawa stepped forward.

"Once you all bring your bags to your room, we'll have dinner in the cafeteria. Everything is already prepared for you. After that, you can bathe and sleep." He then grew serious. "Tomorrow is when the real training begins. Now, hurry it up!"

☆彡

"AHH~" MINA BREATHED as she lowered her body into the hot springs before you. "This feels amazing!" You had all finished the food provided at the cafeteria, and were given the opportunity to soak in the all-female hot springs. You had to admit, this was the most relaxed you've felt in a while. You knew you had to take advantage of it before training tomorrow— especially with Bakugo as a partner.

"I'm glad they have a hot spring available here!" Yaoyorozu clapped her hands excitedly. You took a seat at the edge of the steaming water, dipping your feet in to test the temperature. You covered your chest as you slipped in, a bit shy around the other girls. You didn't have any sisters, so you weren't used to being around other women like this. You watched as Uraraka and Mina splashed about, while the rest of the girls stuck to their own corner, relaxing in the steaming waters.

"So," Mina began, giggling as she attempted to block another water attack from Uraraka. "Any gossip you girls would like to share? Any boys you've been crushing on?" The girls faces grew red at her bold question— Uraraka especially.

"Oh, I wish," Yaoyorozu sighed, leaning against the spring rocks. "I'm so jealous of (L/n). You and Todoroki are such an admirable couple." You immediately cringed. Mina bit her tongue, slowly turning toward you. My badddd, she mouthed. Maybe you should've disclosed the news to the rest of the group of girls, instead of just Mina and Uraraka.

"We actually ... broke up."

Yaoyorozu was taken aback, her brows widening in surprise. "Oh, I had no idea! I'm so sorry I brought it up!" You chuckled, assuring the girls it was no big deal, and you were completely over it— even if it wasn't exactly the truth.

"You deserve better!" Hagakure exclaimed, patting your back in reassurance. "Even if I have no idea what happened!" You smiled at her supportive words.

"I'm sure you'll find someone who's right for you, (L/n)." Asui smiled, offering a thumbs up.

A sudden shake of the hot spring fence, along with a sinister giggle gained the girls attention. It appeared someone was attempting to climb over the fence that separated the boys from the girls.

"Is that Mineta?" Mina questioned, utterly disgusted. You face-palmed, growing more tired of the perverted bot with every passing day. Luckily, the young boy from earlier, known at Kota, waited at the top. Pixie-Bob had assigned him to protect the girls from Mineta, whose gross reputation was known by all. As Mineta reached the top, Kota punched the pervert, sending him back to the bottom of his own side of the fence.

You let out a sigh, resting your head onto Mina's shoulder. You chose to be silent and enjoy this moment, because you knew that the next few days would be absolute hell.