Destruction

A/N: Tbh, I'm not the most proud of this chapter, but hey,  it's content. I'm gonna work on the switz book once I find the motivation and time to do so, but that's gonna be hard because I started school again :/

Ship: Switz (SwaggerSouls x Fitz)

Warning: A little bit of angst but mostly fluff

Desc: Things seem to escalate when Eric attempts to over-work himself to death. Not if Cameron has anything to say about it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cloudy evening when the boys all arrived at the Steakhouse in downtown Melbourne. Stomach rumbling and eyes drooping from a busy days they've all had. One individual in particular more sleep deprived than all of the rest. Editing work for an upcoming project and several Minecraft live-events had kept Eric awake for several evenings with very little to no sleep each night, and it was starting to affect his health. To be honest, Eric was working himself to death. If he could only stop thinking about the taller man for long enough to concentrate on his work, then he would gladly run himself into the ground rather than confront his own feelings. After some threatening and prodding, Ryan actually managed to force the smaller man out of the house for a nice, 'family' dinner.

"Alright cunts." Ryan announced, stopping right in front of the restaurant entrance. "Does anyone want a joint? I got it from LA, so it's strong stuff." Several of the boys refused, except for Matt and I, who gladly accepted the newly rolled joint from the mischievous man. "I assume you know your limits, boys?" Ryan called out, walking ahead with the rest of the boys.

Eric mumbled something under his breath before pulling out a lighter and lighting the small roll, taking a large, long drag. Matt eyed him curiously, obviously noticing the distressed look on his face as he clearly needed some type of distraction.

Once Matt had finished taking about 5 large drags while Swagger finished the entire blunt, they both headed inside.

~

Everything started out smoothly with Eric starting to warm up to the busy atmosphere of the restaurant, even going as far as to lean on the taller man sitting next to him a couple times in his own weird attempt at getting closer to him. It may just be the strong weed in his system though. As soon as he stood up to go to the bathroom, however; his vision around the edge's started to go black as it pulsed and shook. He immediately felt sick to his stomach as all of his senses started to dull. Someone was yelling out his name as he started to fall, but immediately hit a pair of warm arms before all went dark.

...

"It's too bright..." I mumble to myself as I squint my eyes at my surroundings. The walls and ceiling were white, as well as the bed sheets and lights. Wait, what?

"Where am I...." I mumble again, moreso talking to myself than anything else.

"Eric! Fuck!" I hear from the doorway, where a disheveled looking cam appeared with a cup of coffee in one hand and what appears to be a sandwich in the other. Those were quickly abandoned on a nearby table as Cam lunged at me, wrapping his arms around my torso and burying his head into the crook of my neck.

"What the hell... Cam, What happened?" I question with a shaky voice. Cam sits up from his hug, while still having his arms around me.

"Eric.. you uh.. You passed out at the steakhouse." He started, coughing awkwardly. "That was three days ago." Everything started to spin again as he said that. I've been unconscious for three days?

"What the fuck?" I exclaim, starting to get angry at the whole situation while cam continue's to explain.

"You had dangerously low blood sugar and were severely dehydrated.." He pauses, hesitant to continue. "You almost died eric, you almost went into shock. Your body was so malnourished that it had no way of recovering itself without bringing you to the hospital" At this point cameron is crying, the look on his face makes me sick to my stomach.

"Why, Eric? Why would you do this to yourself? Do you really hate yourself that much?" He asked.

"No! I don't.... I..." I can't tell him, I can't tell him the reason I almost killed myself was because I was coping with my own feelings in the worst way possible. He would think I was crazy.

But crazy was what I needed. If I didn't get over this now, whatever happened the other night would happen again.

"I... I love you, Cameron." I sigh shakily before continuing. "I've loved you since we met on discord all those years ago. I love your personality, and your jokes. I try to make you laugh every day just to hear it. You're so handsome that you make me nervous to be around you." I wipe a tear off my face. "A-and I understand if you don't return my feelings, which is understandable-"

Cameron kissed me. This has to be a mistake, there's no way someone like him would like someone like me.

"What the hell?!" I exclaim, staring at him in shock as he breaks out in a wide grin.

"I love you too Eric, I've loved you for over a year now"

"....if this is some type of sick joke, I don't think it's funny, Cam." I whisper out, afraid I might cry again.

"Eric...What? I kissed you, why do you not believe me?" He questioned, taking my hands in his as he gently rubs his thumb over the knuckles.

"Why me? I'm fat and ugly" I start to rant. "I'm too loud, and brash and so many disgusting things. I'm in no way appealing to anyone, cam"

Cam stared at me first in disbelief, anger, then happiness as he leaned in again, this time much softer than before as he pecked me on the lips.

"Shut up, Eric. I wouldn't care if you were any of those things. I love you for you, and that's all that matters to me."

I smile nervously, while looking down, a blush strong on my face. "Maybe you would kiss me one more time? I still don't believe you..."

Cameron chuckles to himself as he leans in, gently putting his hand against my cheek as he kisses me with so much love and passion. It almost seems as if the world around us doesn't exist. My problems seem to disappear. We both part for air as he softly rests his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Eric"

"I love you, too"